The primary objective of Greenville Middle is to provide a world-class instructional program and learning opportunity for every student. The personal appearance of every student is an important component of establishing a safe environment for optimal learning and respect for one another.
Students are expected to dress in an appropriate manner while on school district property or representing the school. Personal appearance shall be such that it does not disrupt student work or school order, become distracting to students, or violate health and safety guidelines.
The following standards apply and will be vigorously enforced. Principals may make additions to these standards as they deem necessary.
- Student dress and grooming will be neat and clean.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. All sandals must have a hard sole. Bedroom slippers and shower shoes are prohibited.
- Leggings are not to be worn as pants. Leggings are allowed under clothing that meets the dress code.
- Shorts, dresses, and skirts must be no higher than one ID card length from the top of the knee when standing up straight.
- All shirts/tops must be at least one ID card width at the shoulder. Low cut tops, tanks, and off-the shoulder shirts are prohibited.
- No see-through garments.
- No cut-off pants, yoga pants, biker shorts or pajamas.
- Undergarments are to be covered by outer clothing.
- No pants or shorts hanging too far below the waistline (no “sagging”).
- No midriffs (tops must meet bottoms); no skin showing between top and bottom.
- No skin showing through the jeans above the knee.No profane or vulgar language; no drawings containing alcohol, tobacco or illegal drug advertisements on any
- part of clothing or jewelry.
- No cut-off pants, biker shorts or pajamas.
- No studded belts, bracelets or chains.
- No hats, bandanas (any color), shower or hair caps, skullies, curlers or sunglasses.
- Hoods from sweatshirts/jackets cannot be worn inside the building.
Students who come to school inappropriately dressed will be asked to call home to have appropriate garment(s) brought to the school.