In an attempt to keep students focused on academic achievement, the dress code is designed to reduce distractions.
Please follow the GCSD Dress Code requirements.
- Biker shorts or athletic shorts of any kind are not permitted. Short and skirt length must be below fingertips. Leggings must be accompanied by a top that is also at fingertip length.
- Hats, sunglasses, hair curlers, skullies, or do-rags may not be worn.
- Shoes or sandals must be worn. Flipflops (shower-type shoes), athletic slides, bedroom shoes, and thong-type shoe are not permitted.
- Clothing or jewelry is not permitted that displays profanity, suggestive phrases, alcohol, tobacco, drug advertisements, or other inappropriate phrases or symbols.
- Hair of a non-human color is not permitted.
- Extraneous articles hanging from clothing such as chains are not permitted.
- Facial jewelry is permitted to be worn only on the ears.
The administration will determine what is appropriate dress or accessories while the student is in school. Parents will be
called and asked to bring a change of clothes for students found in violation of the Dress Code. If parents are unable
to bring clothing the student may be assigned In-School Suspension (ISS) for the day. A parent conference may be
required to discuss the appropriateness of attire. Students will face suspension for repeat violations.
Parents should also review the district's publication, "Parent Express", concerning discipline and the dress code.