Process for Returning School-issued Items / Retrieval of Student-owned Items
- Students will return school-owned items (Chromebooks, library books, sports uniforms, instruments) as well as pick up student-owned items left at the school on designated days in June. The schedule is listed below.
- Enter at the school entrance, creating a single car line. Remain in your vehicle at all times.
- School-owned items will be collected at designated areas in the car line.
- Station 1 - Drop off INSTRUMENT (Label your instrument if it's not already labeled)
- Station 2 - Drop off TEXTBOOKS, LIBRARY BOOKS, SPORTS UNIFORMS (Label your sports uniform)
- Station 3 - Drop off CHROMEBOOK & CHARGER (Don't forget the charger!)
- Station 4 - Pick up STUDENT ITEMS
- Bus Loop - Pick up MEDICATION / PAY FEES
Medication Pick-Up: Exit the school to the right and enter the bus loop. Nursing and school staff will be at the bus loop to return student medications on your student’s assigned day.
School Fees: Fee notices will be attached to your student’s bag. We will be able to collect fees on your student’s pick up day.
- Student-owned items will be returned in a large paper bag, organized by the student's homeroom.
- If you are unable to come during your student’s assigned day and time, please complete the ALTERNATE DROP OFF FORM and we will schedule another day and time for drop off / pick up.
- If you have more than one student at GMA, please complete the ALTERNATE DROP OFF FORM to coordinate pick up for your other children. You will attend the older or oldest student’s scheduled day for pick up.
DROP OFF / PICK UP SCHEDULE
Monday, June 1
Tuesday, June 2
Wednesday, June 3
|8:00 - 9:00
||Ball / Roach (A-J)
||Looper / McCain (A-G)
||Townsend / KC (A-M)
|9:00 - 10:00
||Roach (L-Z) / Wassynger
||McCain (H-Z) / Hasenkamp
||KC (N-Z) / Devore
|10:00 - 11:00
||Forbes / Caldwell (A-Me)
||Miles / Giacalone (A-L)
||Hall / Sinnett (A-J)
|11:00 - 12:00
||Caldwell (Mi-Z) / Leonard
||Giacalone (M-Z) / Kuykendall
||Sinnett (K-Z) /Wentzel
|1:00 - 2:00
||Titus / Serrata (A-L)
||Hall / Gibson (A-K)
||Bryant / Henderson (A-G)
|2:00 - 3:00
||Serrata (M-Z) / Hergette
||Gibson (L-Z) / Garner
||Henderson (H-Z) / Brosseau
|3:00 - 4:00
||Forrester / Long
||Harris / Berman / Patton
||Late Pick Up Until 7:00 PM
Greenville Middle Awards! Congratulations!
Select which awards you'd like to view to see the accomplishments of our Greenville Middle students this year!
8th Grade Ram Send Off
GMA Principal Update (Week of May 18)
Visit our eLearning Page for the latest information, including calendar with deadlines.
eLearning Updates for the week:
- Monday begins Day 6 of eLearning 4.0 lessons. Students should connect with teachers daily through Google Meets and submit assignments for participation and engagement grades each week. Check the Google Meets Schedule to connect with teachers and classmates.
- eLearning lessons for 4.0 will be due by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, May 26.
- Consider using Destiny Discover to access books online. View the Video on Accessing eBooks, and contact Kathleen Carey, with your questions.
- Our school staff has planned an 8th Grade Send Off for 8th grade students only. GMA teachers and staff will be placed around the car line at the entrance of the school to bid farewell and our happy wishes to our 8th graders as they move on to high school. Students must be in a vehicle and will remain inside the vehicle as you drive through the line. We hope our 8th graders will join us on Thursday, June 4!
- The R-Word is a discriminatory word that is harmful to those with disabilities. Just because GMA wasn't able to have our Inclusion Spirit Week doesn't mean that we can't celebrate inclusion at our school. Pledge to end the R-word by visiting spreadtheword.global!
Resources for Families:
- Consider filling out a Free and Reduced Meal application. Upon approval, it could afford you Free or Reduced meal benefits for the first 30 days of the next school year. The online application can be found here: http://greenville.schoollunchapp.com.
- GCS has expanded its meal program to now include meals for Saturday and Sunday. A listing of Additional feeding sites are posted on our website.
- The United Way is available to assist families in numerous ways, including food, coronavirus services, employment, income support, and health care, to name a few.
A Message from GMA Student Body President, Ella Arnold
We're excited to share a Message from our Student Body President, Ella Arnold. Thank you, Ella, for your positive and encouraging message!
ACE Awards Nominations
The ACE (Advocates for Character and Education) Awards program recognizes 72 courageous 8th and 12th grade student leaders from Greenville County Schools as “unsung heroes” based on their outstanding character, community service, and academic efforts. Congratulations to these outstanding individuals. They are to be saluted for overcoming odds and performing amazing deeds in their homes, schools, churches and communities. Congratulations to our Greenville Middle ACE winners, Diana Elas and Ashton Stasney! We are so proud of you!
Flipster Digital Magazines!
Our new subscription to digital magazines is available for your reading pleasure. Check with the library for the school User ID and Password and login and read on your Chromebook or any other digital device. Enjoy Sports Illustrated for Kids, National Geographic, Discover, Guinness World Records 2019 and more!
What is Parent Backpack?
Parent Backpack is an online application that replaces the PowerSchool Parent Portal. With Parent Backpack, you are able to view your child's grades, school attendance, and any discipline incidents when you are logged into the system. Best of all, Parent Backpack works on any device and is mobile friendly.
To access Parent Backpack, go to https://parents.gcsbackpack.com and create an account. Please access directions by clicking on Creating a Parent Backpack Account.
To view a video on how to create your Parent Backpack, click on the blue Backpack icon.
An additional Student Backpack link is provided, however many homes have restrictive firewalls or pop-up blockers that may make access difficult.