An honor code is essential to Greenville High School so that students, faculty, and administrators are able to work together in an atmosphere of mutual trust. A personal code of honor promotes self-esteem for students and growth in their trust in themselves and others. The purpose of the Honor Code is to guarantee a system under which students can trust, help others, and understand what is expected of them.
As a student at Greenville High School, I accept that it is my responsibility to uphold and improve the example set by previous classes. I understand that my actions reflect not only my character, but also my School.
Therefore, I will:
- strive to achieve excellence
- support and take pride in all areas of my school
- be honest in my actions and words
- lead my fellow classmates by responsible example with a mature and positive attitude.
I will not lie to a faculty member, cheat, or steal.
- Lying includes:
- making any statement one knows is untrue or false
- signing an Honor Pledge when one knows he should not
- forging a signature.
- Cheating includes:
- copying someone else's class work, homework, quizzes, other grade work or tests (or knowingly giving one's own work to someone else)
- looking on someone else's paper or test
- plagiarizing using unauthorized testing aids
- asking, receiving or telling information about the contents of a test
- submitting work that is not your own.
- Stealing includes:
- taking or borrowing something without the consent of the owner
- removing school property
- failing to follow proper check out procedures in the cafeteria, media center, school store, etc.