GMS Health Room
Welcome to the Nurse's Corner. Here you will find updates from the health room about different happenings related to health matters.
Send them in! These forms give consent for treatment for your child as well as contact information for you if we need to reach you in event of illness or injury. As of now, we have over 50 students' forms not turned in.
Medication At School:
*Over the Counter: Must be new, unopened package and must have an over the counter form signed by parent. Medication brought in by parent.
*Prescription Medications: Must have physician and parent signatures on the prescription form., also brought in by parent.
Please keep your child at home if they wake up with a temperature of 100 f or greater. If they have treatable symptoms at home, please give medicine before school.
Nurses Corner News
We are so happy to serve your children this school year!
If you are not quite sure what the role of the Middle school nurse entails, here is a brief overview of some of our responsibilities:
- We are equipped to check temperatures, look at throats, check blood pressure/pulse/ listen to heart and lung sounds. We cannot check Oxygen levels or look inside of ears.
- We can perform first aid to minor injuries. We cannot ace wrap injuries.
- We can give medicine if provided by parents; GSC medication policies must be followed (all over the counter medication must be in a new, unopened bottle).
- We will communicate with parents if there are situations that we need to inform you of, or if your child needs to be picked up from school.
- We do vision screenings of all 7th graders and report any that have not passed the screening.
- We are trained to respond to emergencies and there are 2 AED's located in Greer Middle School.
Mrs. Neely, RN 355-5807
Mrs. Edwards, RN 355-5896