GMS Yearbook Promotion
Yearbooks are on a special sales promotion this week for just $35. If you're thinking about buying a 2017 yearbook for your student, now is the time! The more yearbooks we sell, the more administrators will participate in the pie eating contest next week! Pick up a yearbook sales form in the front office or from Ms. Higdon on the 6th grade hall and return it, with your money, to Ms. Higdon on the 6th grade hall by Friday. Thank you.
Red Ribbon Week October 24-28
Red Ribbon Week- October 24-28
“YOLO BE DRUG FREE” #YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE
- Monday: “Turn Your Back on Drugs”-Wear your shirt backwards.
- Tuesday: “Grow Success” Farmer’s Day. Dress like a farmer in honor of Greer Football vs Blue Ridge Football. Game time 6:00 @ Greer.
- Wednesday: “REaDy to Say No to Drugs” Wear as much red as possible.
- Thursday: “Run Away From Drugs” A “Spooktacular” Dance in the cafeteria from 3:30 until 5:00. Admission $3.00 per person. Refreshments will be sold. Costumes may be worn to school and the dance. Costumes must meet school dress code with no face paint, masks, or clowns allowed. Tickets will be sold in the lobby on Thursday morning.
Students are needed to donate refreshments such as 2 liter drinks and individually wrapped cookies, cakes, etc. These should be brought to Mrs. Moon’s room on the 6th grade hall by Wednesday, September 26th. Students will be given passes for a free drink/treat at the dance. You do not have to be a student council representative to bring in refreshments. Money made from this fundraiser will support student activities at Greer Middle School.
- Friday: “I Pledge to BEE Drug Free” Wear black and gold to support Greer Middle and its students, staff, teachers and administrators.
GMS Orchestra Concert
Sharon Gerber, a phenomenal cellist and composer, will perform as our guest artist at the Greer Middle School Orchestra Fundraiser Concert coming up on Thursday, Oct. 27, 2016 at 7:00 PM. The concert will be at the J. Harley Bonds Center located at 505 N. Main St. in Greer. . The program will be exciting for all ages and represent a variety of music. Admission is $10 per person. Please contact Janice Hutton at 864.355.5820 or firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets!
English Language Resource for Parents
There is a new program available to parents who would like to learn English and become more involved in their child’s academic achievement. The program is free to parents and is on a first come first serve basis. Rosetta Stone® Community Solution for K-12 is a program available to the parents of our English Language Learners. This program will provide the parents of our English Language Learners with an opportunity to learn and develop their English Language skills. It will also enable parents to increase their engagement in their child’s school and contribute to improving their child’s educational achievement. The online lessons from Rosetta Stone® Community Solution for K-12 allow parents to use this program at home, work, on their phone, or anywhere they have access to the internet.
If you would like to have access to this program, please contact your child’s ESOL teacher. The ESOL teacher will be able to provide you with a code to access the program and share general log-in instructions.