Fork Shoals School Improvement Council
What is SIC?
The School Improvement Council (SIC) serves as an advisory committee to a school's principal and staff. The council is mandated by law to exist in every public school in South Carolina. SIC brings parents, teachers, principals, and other community members together to improve our school.
The council is composed of parents and teachers. The principal serves as an ex-officio member. At least four meetings of the council are held each year. The purposes of the council are:
- To gain knowledge concerning the purpose and goals of the school.
- To disseminate information to other parents and citizens within the community and to clarify information concerning the school programs.
- To offer for consideration to the school principal suggestions concerning program improvements with respect to student needs and program operation within the individual school, area, or district.
- To assist in the preparation of the Annual School reports as required by the School Finance Act of 1977 and ACT 135 of 1993.
SIC meets every second Monday of the month, at 7:30am, in the library. School needs and the actions needed to improve our school are discussed. Everyone is welcome to attend.
2017-2018 SIC Members
- Jen Lehman - Chair
- Kim Reid - Principal
- Taneshia Stevenson - Assistant Principal
- Autumn Cline - School Counselor
- Megan Medearis-Past SIC Chair
- Whitnee Grant
- Amy Giles
- TR Potts
- Veronica McClure
- Rhonda Seiter
- Kelli Miller
Community Members (appointed)
- Spunky Chandler
- Robin Sowell
- Edwin Terry