News & Notes
It’s time for our annual Magnificent Moms breakfast on Thursday, March 30th. Chick-fil-A biscuits can be pre-ordered through Tuesday, March 28th. Only pre-ordered biscuits will be available. Click here for the order form.
PTA Board Nominations
Our PTA is seeking nominations for PTA Board 2nd Vice President and Secretary through April 3rd. Click here for a nomination form.
The most exciting night of the year is fast approaching! Our annual Spring Spectacular will be on Friday, March 31st, 4-7pm. Everyone’s help is needed to make it a successful night! Please consider volunteering for a 30 minute time slot. Click here to sign up. All volunteers will be entered into a drawing for a $50 BiLo giftcard.
We are also asking each Fork Shoals family to donate the following based on your child’s grade level:
- K5 - Bags of mini marshmallows for our marshmallow blasters
- 1st & 2nd - bags of individually wrapped candy for game prizes (no chocolate)
- 3rd - cans of shaving cream (Barbesol type) for our teacher/staff pie in the face
- 4th & 5th - 2 Liter bottles of soda for our soda toss game
Children are also encouraged to sell "Fun"Raiser raffle tickets. If more are needed, send in a note for your teacher requesting the amount needed.
Click here for the updated May calendar. This document includes end-of-year testing dates and field days.
Visitor and Volunteer Guidelines
The safety of our students is a top priority at Fork Shoals School and Greenville County Schools; therefore, Greenville County Schools has implemented a new volunteer application process. Click here for Greenville County Schools' visitor and volunteer guidelines, including the forms for Level I and Level II volunteers. ALL visitors and volunteers MUST have their licenses scanned EACH time they are at the school.
3rd Quarter Reading Challenge
Your child's goal: Read as many books as possible between now and March 22nd. Reading logs must be turned in to Ms. Knight no later than Tuesday, March 28th. We’ll have prizes for those who read the most in each grade level, and every participant will receive recognition!
All students have received reading logs. You can also print out a reading log here. (If your child reads more than 50 books, you can continue recording books on this blank reading log.) List books as you complete them. Remember that books can be counted only once, and only books finished should be recorded.
The Fork Shoals Freedom Rock is a fun, new way to show your support and to send a special message out to loved ones!
- Reservations are required on a first come, first served basis ONLY.
- PTA reserves the right to reserve any dates for school use.
- All reservations must be made through SignUpGenius. An email reminder will be sent as your reserved date gets closer.
- Cost is $12 for one day (3pm-3pm). ALL SALES ARE FINAL, and payment must be made via PayPal.
- Contact the FSS PTA at email@example.com with any questions.