News & Notes
Salvation Army Christmas Help
If you are interested in help from the Salvation Army for the toy assistance program, there are new requirements. Click here for more information.
PTA Spirit Week
Our first ever Spirit Week will be September 26-30. This will be a fun week of fun dressing up for all!
- Movie Monday - Wear your clothes inside out.
- Tropical Tuesday - Break out your favorite Hawaiian shirt, grass skirt, sunglasses, or lei.
- Western Wednesday - Yee-haw! Dress like a cowboy or cowgirl.
- Throwback Thursday - Dress like your favorite decade: 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s.
- Freestyle Friday - Be wild, be crazy, and use your imagination. Wacky hair, wacky socks and shoes...it's up to you!
Easy Ways to Support Our School
There are many easy ways to support Fork Shoals with shopping that you already do. Click here to see information about Box Tops, Shop a Roo, Amazon Smiles, Tyson labels, and Publix. Also watch our calendar for spirit nights.
The PTA Reflections program serves as platform for students to unleash their inner artists! The theme for the 2016-2017 school year is "What is Your Story?" Students can express their creative talents through a variety of categories: dance, music composition, literature, visual arts, film production, photography, and special artist. Students may enter as many categories as many times as they like.
All entries will be due Tuesday, October 18th. All Fork Shoals participants will be recognized at an award ceremony in the spring. They even have the opportunity to be recognized at the district, state, and national levels. There will be a fun incentive for the class with the most entries to encourage student participation.
All rules and student entry forms may be found at scpta.org and on the PTA page of our school website. Every entry must have its own completed student entry form. If you have any questions, contact Ellington Willis either by email or phone: firstname.lastname@example.org, 864-490-6022.
Visitor and Volunteer Guidelines
The safety of our students is a top priority at Fork Shoals School and Greenville County Schools; therefore, Greenville County Schools has implemented a new volunteer application process. Click here for Greenville County Schools' visitor and volunteer guidelines, including the forms for Level I and Level II volunteers. ALL visitors and volunteers MUST have their licenses scanned EACH time they are at the school.
Support FSS when you shop with Amazon!
1st Quarter Reading Challenge
Your child's goal: Read as many books as possible between now and October 20th. Reading logs must be turned in to Ms. Knight no later than Tuesday, October 25th. We’ll have prizes for those who read the most in each grade level, and every participant will receive recognition!
Students will receive reading logs during the first week of school. You can also print out a reading log here. (If your child reads more than 50 books, you can continue recording books on this blank reading log.) List books as you complete them. Remember that books can be counted only once, and only books finished should be recorded.
The Fork Shoals Freedom Rock is a fun, new way to show your support and to send a special message out to loved ones!
- Reservations are required on a first come, first served basis ONLY.
- PTA reserves the right to reserve any dates for school use.
- All reservations must be made through SignUpGenius. An email reminder will be sent as your reserved date gets closer.
- Cost is $12 for one day (3pm-3pm). ALL SALES ARE FINAL, and payment must be made via PayPal.
- Contact the FSS PTA at email@example.com with any questions.