News & Notes
Reflections deadline January 8, 2022
BACKPACK FOR PARENTS
A backpack for parents account provides parents, guardians, or contacts with a central place to sign in to do the following:
- View their student's information including demographics, attendance, classes, grades, lunch balances, and test scores.
- Apply or register their student to Special Focus schools and programs (Fine Arts Center, Career Centers, etc.)
- Receive alerts and notifications regarding their students
- View their student's school and contact information
- Manage parent and contact information for their students
FAQ Regarding Covid-19 and Back to School
COVID-19 Return to School Information for the 21-22 School Year
If your student is registering as a NEW student to Greenville County Schools, you may now register online!
Online Registration Form
FAQ about Online Registration
If you are interested in your child being in the Extended Day Program (sometimes called Fork Shoals Afterschool) for next year, pre-registrations are being taken beginning on May 1st. Click HERE to register. A $40 registration fee will hold your child’s spot.
Information regarding student absences
CREDIT: JOSHUA HODGE PHOTOGRAPHY / ISTOCK
Please feel free to call our school office for any questions at 355-5000.
Here are a few reminders to help you and your student have a successful year at Fork Shoals School:
School starts promptly at 7:45 am.
No early dismissals after 1:45 pm.
School is dismissed at 2:15 pm.
A parent must send a parent or doctor’s note for ANY absence or it will remain unexcused.
Any absence after 10 should be a doctor's note.
Students should be picked up from school no later than 2:45 pm.
Submit a Note for Your Child's Absence
If you cannot upload doctor notes in this form, you can fax or email notes to Lisa Thompson at (864) 355-9114 or email@example.com.
Fork Shoals eNews
In order to keep families up-to-date, we are including our eNews on the website now as well. Please click
HERE to access the eNews.
Parents are allowed to sign up to have lunch with their children. We have limited spaces as we are using the stage for the parent lunches because we can not have extras at our lunch tables. Below are a few points about this:
- Like all visitors, lunch visitors will be asked screening questions to be sure people are well to come into the building.
- Remember to have your ID in order to be signed in.
- You will have to pre-register to come to lunch. There is a Sign Up Genius at the end of this message. Please notice the date and grade level that you are signing up for, so that your reservation is set. You are welcome to call the front office if you have any questions about how to sign up.
- You will only be allowed to stay for lunch if you have signed up.
- Tables on the stage are only set up for two people meaning the parent and the child. If two parents are coming, it will likely be able to be accommodated, but you should contact the school first to be sure. We can not take more than two guests per student.
We are thankful that we are able to allow this opportunity and appreciate your understanding for us to have these protocols in place to allow us to do this in the safest way possible. Reach out to Mrs. Reid if you have any concerns.
Be sure to look for the DATE AND THE GRADE LEVEL.
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR THE SIGNUP GENIUS.