Register your child December 1-4 for 5K or First Grade for 2021-22!
Set up a Backpack account then click Enroll a Student. Backpack will be available beginning December 1. https://parents.gcsbackpack.com/signin.aspx
Only first grade students that HAVE NOT attended K5 in Greenville County need to register.
Please feel free to call our school office for any questions at 355-5000.
Here are a few reminders to help you and your student have a successful year at Fork Shoals School:
School starts promptly at 7:45 am.
No early dismissals after 1:45 pm.
Students are allowed to miss 10 school days each year.
School is dismissed at 2:15 pm.
A parent must send a parent or doctor’s note for ANY absence or it will remain unexcused.
Students should be picked up from school no later than 2:45 pm.
Submit a Note for Your Child's Absence
If you cannot upload doctor notes in this form, you can fax or email notes to Lisa Thompson at (864) 355-9114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your child will need to take medication at school, please contact our school nurse, Mrs. Peden, at 355-5007 to set up an appointment.
· ALL PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION forms must be signed by healthcare provider and parent/guardian before medication can be administered at school.
· All PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION must be administered as labeled.
· ALL PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION must be brought to school by a legal guardian or designated person over 18 years of age and given directly to the school nurse or designated school personnel.
· OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATIONS may be provided by the parent if it is in a new - unopened container, clearly labeled with the student’s name and accompanied by written parental permission. OTC medications may not exceed package directions for student’s age
· ALL MEDICATION MUST BE IN THE ORIGINAL CONTAINER.
· No medication containing ASPIRIN can be given at school without a doctor’s authorization. This includes but is not limited to Pepto Bismol, Excedrin, and some OTC cold medications.