Role of Sterling Parents
Parents are highly involved at Sterling School. Whether serving on the PTA Board or the School Improvement Council or volunteering to make copies, tutor students, and/or help with clubs and after school programs, our Sterling students and staff depend on parental support as an integral part of our school environment and success. Parents, teachers, and administrators at Sterling School work cooperatively and share the responsibility to provide advanced learning opportunities at school and at home teaching students to communicate effectively, solve problems competently, think critically and creatively, and act responsibly as our future leaders.
Student Enrollment Forms, Medical Forms, Transportation Forms are found at the District Parent Forms Webpage.
Parent / Student Handbook
Sterling School Parent / Student Handbook
Visit our School Counseling Department page.
Gifted Learners - Resources for Gifted and Talented Education
- SC State Department of Education Resources & Information
- Davidson Institute for Talent Development
- National Association for Gifted Children
- The National Research Center on the Gifted and Talented (NRC/GT)
- NEAG Center for Gifted Education and Talent Development - Websites for Parents
- Uniquely Gifted
- Duke University Talent Identification Program (Duke TIP)
- Hoagie's Gifted Education Page
- Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG)
Learn More About...
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act - Protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. Learn more at Electronic Code of Federal Regulations and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) - Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 - Regulates the collection and use of children’s information by commercial website operators. Learn more at Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
- Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA) - CIPA imposes certain requirements on schools or libraries that receive discounts for Internet access or internal connections through the E-rate program. Learn more at Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA)
- Internet Safety - Sterling School makes a good faith effort to protect its students from exposure to Internet materials that are harmful or explicit. In adherence to the Child Internet Protection Act (CIPA), the district utilizes filtering software on all school equipment with Internet access. Educational staff will, to the best of their ability, monitor minors' use of the Internet in school, and will take reasonable measures to prevent access by minors to inappropriate material on the Internet. District Internet Safety Website
Student Email Accounts - Students in grades K4 through 12 have access to school email accounts and instructional technology through G Suite for Education (formerly known as Google Apps for Education or GAFE). These tools provide a common platform where students are able to practice educational inquiry, writing styles/formats selected for purpose and audience, and collaborative activities. Student instruction in accessing and utilizing school email accounts, Google cloud-based storage and G Suite for Education (formally known as Google Apps for Education or GAFE) tools begins in grade 3 as teachers integrate technology into the curriculum. Technology instruction includes digital skills and literacies.
Update Your Information
Keep your contact information updated at your child's school
It is important that parents keep their contact information current at their child's school.
- Home and Mailing Addresses
- Home and Cell Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
Parents should also note their primary language so that recorded messages are sent using either English or Spanish
Parent contact information used by principals and the District notify parents about:
- Your Child's Attendance
- School Lunch Balance
- School Closures/Early Dismissals Due to Inclement Weather
- Share School information