SHS PTSA - Join Today!
The President's Message
Dear SHS Tigers,
We are so excited for the 2019-2020 academic year!
Thank you and please remember to sign up for our weekly e-blast!
Mike Howard, SHS PTSA President
The Parent Teacher Student Association
Southside's PTSA Membership is open to anyone who believes in the Mission and Purposes of National Parent Teacher Association. Individual members may belong to any number of PTAs and pay dues in each. Every person who joins a local PTSA automatically becomes a member of both the State and National PTSAs.
Together we are a powerful voice for children.
With your help, we can continue to work toward PTAs goal of quality education and a nurturing environment for every child.
Making every child’s potential a reality
- To be a powerful voice for children.
- To be a relevant resource for families and communities.
- A strong advocate for the education and well being of every child.
The Purpose of the Parent Teacher Association
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in the home. School, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
Joining the Southside High School PTSA
Simply complete the membership form. Leave it in the school office addressed to the PTSA mailbox or mail to Southside PTSA, 6630 Frontage Road, Greenville SC, 29605. Make checks payable to Southside PTSA. Meeting Dates- meetings are held @ 7:00pm
PTSA Board and Committee Chairs
President: Mike Howard
Secretary: Breanna Dalmolin
Treasurer: Shannon Johnson
School Store Coordinators: Donna Mathis (Inventory), Susan Fromknecht (Volunteer)
Volunteer/Membership Coordinator: Susan Fromknecht
Teacher and Staff Appreciation: Kelley Lear, Brooke Culclasure, and Jennifer Bickel
Hospitality: Pamela Hail and Jessie Bowens
Business Partnerships: Heather Haley
IB Liaison: Julia Johnson
SIC Liaison: Jessie Bowens
Teacher Liaison: Rebecca Bogan
Principal (ex-officio): Andre M. Dukes
IB Coordinator (ex-officio): Julie McGaha
Guidance (ex-officio): Tyrone Westfield