Parents wishing to enroll new students for the 2020-21 school year should print enrollment forms, complete them, and scan or photograph the required documentation. Once complete, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The appropriate individual will contact you with further directions for turning in the forms and completing the enrollment process. All families should complete the transportation form to indicate how the child will be transported to school (walk, car, bus).
Our school counselors’ email address
School Counseling Department Head: 9th-12 Grade Counselor Assigned Students: Letters A - Ga
9th-12th School Counselor Assigned Students: Letters Ge - Mi
9th - 12th School Counselor Assigned Students: Letters Mo - Z
We would like to welcome the following staff to Southside High for the 2020-2021 school year:
1) In our School Counseling Department, Ms. Shana Dendy will join us in a full time capacity. She will assume the role of Director of School Counseling.
2) Special Education is fortunate to have Ms. Meghan Sutherland who will join us as a SPED teacher. She was the 2019-2020 Teacher of the Year at Mauldin Middle and has taught at Fort Dorchester High School and Ashley Ridge High School (Dorchester School District Two). Ms. Sutherland is a National Board Certified Teacher and a graduate of the College of Charleston.
3) Filling a void in the Career and Technology Department is Mrs. Ayonna Thompson-Bowen. By trade, she is an entrepreneur as well as a graduate of High Point University.
4) Our World Languages Department will house Ms. Olivia Baker as a Spanish teacher. Ms. Baker is a graduate of North Greenville University and speaks the target language at the advanced level. She also served as an ESOL Aide at Wade Hampton High School.
New additions due to increased enrollment and other academic needs
5) Hailing from the low country, Mr. Kenneth Skipper will fill the role of Freshman Academy Coordinator. Mr. Skipper has taught at Goose Creek High School (Berkeley County School District) where he was the social studies department chairperson. He also taught at Greenville Middle Academy and North Charleston High School. Mr. Skipper has over 15 years of experience as a classroom teacher.
6) Joining the Freshman Academy is Ms. Angel Nesbitt. She will bring a fresh approach to the Academy as an Algebra I teacher. Ms. Nesbitt is a graduate of Winthrop University and completed her student teaching at South Pointe High School in Rock Hill, SC. She will be a first year teacher and is gifted and talented endorsed.
7) The newest member of the English Department is Ms. Erin Roof. She will teach English 2 and is a graduate of North Greenville University. Ms. Roof completed her student teaching at Greenville Senior High School.
Beginning July 6, 2020, visitor access to Southside High School will be limited. We want to ensure that we can accommodate your needs and requests; however, due to the impact of COVID-19 and summer hours (M-Th 7:30 – 5:30), appointments must be made in advance. Please refer to the staff directory to locate appropriate faculty members and e-mail addresses.
For concerns with transcripts, enrollments, or grades, please call our guidance office at 864-355-8704 or e-mail email@example.com. Additional information may be found on our School Counseling tab. To schedule an appointment with a school counselor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For sales calls, to reach the school principal, and other business-related items, call 864-355-8715 or email email@example.com
For debts and student debts and fees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about student matters, please contact your child’s administrator
Freshman Assistant Principal - email@example.com
Assistant Principal: 10- 12 Grade Students A-Ga
Assistant Principal 10 -12 Grade Students Mo-Z
Regene Ransome - Assistant Principal 10 -12 Grade Students Gl-Mi
Magnet and Innovative Programs Coordinator
For each contact above, please allow for 48 – 72 work hours. Thank you for your patience and understanding
Greenville County Schools is asking ALL families who will have a student or students enrolled for the 2020-21 school year to complete a new Transportation Request Form. The form should be completed for EVERY student, including bus riders, car riders, walkers, bicyclists, and daycare bus riders.
It is very important to complete the form so GCS can efficiently plan for how students will arrive and depart campuses daily. It is particularly important for students who have moved or changed schools.
In order to ensure school bus transportation on the first day of school, forms are due by Friday, July 31. School bus requests submitted after July 31 will not be routed until after Labor Day.
Sex Education dates for the 2020-2021 SY will be broken up into two 8-day programs split over the 1st and 2nd semester. The dates for Southside High School are:
Sex Ed. Instruction 2020-2021
Follow us for updated information and news about our school!
Do you have a desire to go to college? Are you willing to work hard to make it happen? If so, AVID may be a great fit for you. The AVID Program will be available for the 2019-2020 School Year. AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) is a college readiness system to prepare students in the academic middle for four-year college eligibility by taking more rigorous courses at Southside (Dual Credit, AP, or IB).
The three main components of the AVID college readiness system are academic instruction, tutorial support, and motivational and college prep activities. The AVID curriculum is based on writing as a tool of learning, inquiry method, collaborative grouping, organization, and academic reading. Contact: Ms. Ransome for more information.