Attendance Office: 864-355-7972
Notes are required for ALL absences.
PLEASE EMAIL PARENT NOTES AND DOCTOR NOTES TO:
Notes can also be faxed to: 864-355-7918
Attendance is an important part of your student's academic success. Greenville County Schools are committed to working closely with students, parents, school personnel, and the community to address barriers that affect student attendance in school.
Important Attendance Reminders:
- Students should turn a note in for ALL absences within 2 days of returning to school.
- Notes can be submitted by the student in the front office, emailed, or faxed to the contact info listed above.
- Students are allowed 10 absences from school (5 per semester in semester long classes). After 10 absences, all absences must be verified by a medical provider.
- Without a note, all absences are unexcused.
- If a student has 3 or more consecutive unexcused absences or 5 total unexcused absences an attendance intervention conference will need to be scheduled for parents/guardians to speak with the attendance clerk.
- If your student/family is facing a hardship that will result in excessive absences, please contact the attendance clerk or your student's school counselor so we may assist your student in the best way possible.
- More information on Greenville County's Attendance Policy.
- Students are tardy if they are not in the classroom ready to learn at 8:30 a.m.
- Students are allowed 3 unexcused tardies to school without a consequence.
- Tardies are unexcused unless a medical note is provided when a student arrives.
- Excessive tardies (4 or more) will be addressed by an administrator.
- For more information please refer to the student handbook.
Students depending on district transportation to school will not be penalized for a late bus. To ensure accurate record keeping, if a bus is late, students are to report to the attendance office.
- On the day a student needs to leave early, he/she must bring a note from a parent or guardian stating the reason for his/her dismissal, the phone number where parents can be reached, and the homeroom teacher’s name. This note must be signed by the parent and must be in the main office no later than 8:25 A.M.
- The last early dismissal of the day is 2:45 p.m.
- Students will be counted absent for the periods they miss.
- Students dismissed before completing 3 periods will be counted absent for the entire day.
- Early dismissals are excused for the reasons which apply for an excused absence.
- Parents/guardians coming to pick a student up for an early dismissal must be listed on the student's blue card and will need to show a valid photo ID.