See Something. Say Something. Ver Algo. Di Algo.

Spirit Wear Sale

Our spring Spirit Wear Sale is going on Now! Don't miss this last opportunity to purchase your very own RMS t-shirts, hoodies, outdoor sport event blankets and much more! Please visit our website or see the attached flyer for item details, and to pay by credit card. Paper order forms and online sales will be collected until February 10th.  Please allow 2-3 weeks from the deadline date to receive your spirit wear order.

A.R.M.E.S. Program Nominations are Open!

The A.R.M.E.S PROGRAM (Arts Reaching Middle and Elementary Schools) is a tuition-free, rigorous, artistically gifted and talented program designed to meet the needs of identified 3rd - 8th grade Greenville County students. Students who are selected into the program attend class afterschool 2-3 times a week. Students must provide their own transportation. Participation in ARMES is part of the district’s Gifted & Talented program so regular attendance is required.
Nominations for the 2023-2024 school year open today, February 1, 2023 and close April 3, 2023. Rising 3rd through 8th grade students may be nominated by a teacher, parent, adult, or self. All interested students must have an online nomination form completed by the deadline of April 3, 2023. Late nominations cannot be accepted. Required auditions for the ARMES program will be held May 1-12, 2023.
The attached flyer has pertinent nomination and audition information.  
The 2023-2024 school year will usher in Year 2 of the 5 year expansion project of the ARMES program.  New ARMES sites have been established at Greer Middle and Hillcrest Middle to make attending more accessible for students and parents.  The expansion project includes adding one arts subject per year to the new sites until we have all three sites up and running with full offerings.  The list below shows what will be offered at each site for next school year.  If a subject is not yet offered at a site closest to your school the student is still welcome to apply to the Central site.  Students are welcome to apply to any of the three sites. 
2023-2024 Arts Offerings at the Central Site - League Academy
Music (Rising 3rd-4th Grade Only)
Strings (Rising 3rd-8th Grade)
Visual Art (Rising 3rd-8th Grade)
Creative Writing (Rising 3rd-8th Grade)
Theatre (Rising 3rd-8th Grade)
Dance (Rising 3rd-8th Grade)
2023-2024 Arts Offerings at the Northern Site - Greer Middle
Music (Rising 3rd-4th Grade Only)
Visual Art (Rising 3rd-8th Grade)
2023-2024 Arts Offerings at the Southern Site - Hillcrest Middle
Music (Rising 3rd-4th Grade Only)
Visual Art (Rising 3rd-8th Grade)

8th Grade Carowinds Field Trip Letter 

Please see the 8th grade Carowinds field trip letter.  Please contact Erin Landry ( with any questions or chaperone interest/questions.


SC ACCESS Testing for ELLs

The state testing window for administering the SC ACCESS Test for ELLs is January 23-March 10, 2023.  This test measures the English proficiency of multilingual learners.  Riverside Middle School is planning to test the four ACCESS domains as follows: 

If you have any questions, please contact Merle Faulk at (864)355-7913 or .  Thank you!

Weekly Messenger

Weekly Messenger - Riverside Royals - Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow


Sixth Grade Field Trip

Sixth Grade Parents and Students,                                             

We are very excited to announce plans for our May field trip to Carowinds in Charlotte, NC.  The purpose of our field trip is to reinforce math and science through STEM based activities during the Education Day.  We will be partnering with Blue Ridge Tours, Inc. to help make this a great experience.  All payments will be made through Blue Ridge’s website.  No money will be collected at the school.

Field Trip Information

Date: Friday, May 12th, 2023

Departure Time from RMS: 6:30 AM (Students will need to be at the school by 6:00 AM)

Return Time to RMS: Approximately 6:30 PM

Cost: $149.00 (Transportation, admission to Carowinds, and lunch)


·       Money will be collected from November 18th – April 7th Online with Blue Ridge Tours

You must register at to complete the process and pay for the trip online.

Please see the attached flyer for more information.

For team 6-1 please contact Brae McQuade

For team 6-2 please contact Dorothy Jackson

For team 6-2 please contact Alexis Waters

ID Sales on MySchoolBucks

We’re excited to offer you a new way to make sure you have your ID at school each day!  You can now pay for a new ID and lanyard on MySchoolBucks.  Payments received before 9:00am will be processed & delivered by 10:00am the same day, while those received after 10:00am will be processed and delivered by the end of the day.  Please visit the link or QR code below for more information.

RMS Student ID Product

If you are having issues with MySchoolBucks, please contact MySchoolBucks Support at 855-832-5226.

RMS Awarded Top Honors at the Superintendent’s Academic Achievement Awards

We are thrilled to announce that Riverside Middle School was recognized at the first-ever Superintendent's Academic Achievement Awards for Highest Overall Achievement and Highest ELA, Math, and Science Achievement among Greenville County Middle Schools.  We also received recognition for positive student growth in ELA, Science, and Math, and for exceeding pre-pandemic student achievement in ELA and Science. 

As you all are aware, our academic reputation as a school has long been one of excellence, and that is the direct result of tireless work on the part of our teachers and staff, the unwavering partnership of our community and families, and the commitment and engagement of our students!  Although we are not surprised that our efforts to connect with students and prioritize academic rigor have been successful, we are especially proud of these achievements in light of the challenges our community has faced during the pandemic!

Thank you for your continued support of our school and your student!

Goooooo Royals!

To read more about the exciting, positive achievement and growth occurring across all Greenville County Schools, please click below:

7th Grade Dollywood Field trip April 12th, 2023

Dollywood Field Trip Letter

Dollywood Field Trip Information

Please contact John Hatchell ( with any questions or chaperone interest/questions.