You will need an email address to create an account. You can obtain a free email account at Outlook.com, Google (Gmail), etc.
Go to the GCS Backpack site.
If you already have a Parent Backpack Account, please proceed to step 4 in the instructions below to add a Student to your Account.
- Under "First Time Here?" click the I'm a Parent button.
- You will be directed to the Sign Up for Parent Account page. Complete the form on this page.
- Enter your current email address.
- Create a password containing at least 10 characters following the password requirements listed.
- Fill in your full legal name (no nicknames).
- When you are finished, click the Create my Parent Account button.
- Check your registered email account for an Account Activation message. You must click the Activate your Backpack Account button in the body of the email to complete your account setup. Clicking this button will take you back to the Backpack log in screen. Use your email and password that you created above to log in.
- You can now link your students to your account by clicking on My Students (you will need your Student’s ID Number).
- Once on My Students screen, click the Add a Student button. Fill in your Student’s information, then click the Request to Add a Student button. If your information is correct, you will receive a confirmation message. The message will direct you to go to your student’s school to verify your identity and lists the documentation you will need to bring to set up your Decision Maker/Parent Account for your Student (you may also scan/photograph these proofs of identification and email them to Anna English or Kara Taylor):
- State/County issued birth certificate
- Government issued photo ID
- Divorce/Separation documents (if applicable)
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Anna English or Kara Taylor.