News and Announcements
Read Your Way to the Big Game!
Help your child qualify to win Palmetto Bowl tickets by participating in EOC’s 2016 Read Your Way to the Big Game contest. Pick a team: Tiger or Cocky, and start reading TODAY!
Each student will receive a parent letter, reading log and bookmark. Return the reading log to the classroom teacher (signed by a parent) before Friday, October 28th. Each student that submits a reading log will have a football placed on our bulletin board in the grand hall and be entered in a drawing for the chance to win 2 tickets to the Palmetto Bowl.
***Deadline is approaching! All reading logs are due to your teacher no later than Friday, Oct 28th. Let's celebrate and wear your favorite team t-shirt on that day!***
- Make sure your number is visible and remains up until you leave carline.
- It is safer and more efficient for everyone to use the carline! If you go through the parking lot in the morning, you must park and walk your child to the crosswalk. The parking lot is closed at 7:45am. Do not park and walk your child after this time. Stay in the carpool line - it's faster!
- Do not go around cars or move until your line is given the all clear.
- Stay in your car. Pull around into the parking lot or go to the church lot across the street to buckle children who need assistance. Safety patrols and staff can help open and shut doors - please let them know if your child will need help.
- If your student does not come out with the group, pull around into the lot and park near the crosswalk. Tell the staff member there your student's name and teacher and they will be called to the front of the building and sent to you at the crosswalk.
- If you do not have a car tag, park and come into the office to show your ID.
Thank you for following these rules and for your understanding of why we have them! Safety is our first priority and we hope that by working together with our parents, we will be proactive in protecting our students, patrols, and staff who are involved with carline.
Important Visitor, Volunteer, and Field Trip Chaperone Policy Changes
The Greenville County School District is rolling out new policies & procedures regarding visitors, volunteers and field-trip chaperones. Please visit this link for detailed information regarding the new processes.
Parent Portal - There's an App for That!
We hope that you have logged into the Parent Portal. It is an excellent tool that gives you access to your child's grades, attendance history, lunch account balance, and more. You can also sign up to recieve emailed updates about your child's progress. Before using the Parent Portal, you must pick up your login and password in person from the front office. And bring your ID! The Parent Portal App is now available from Google Play and iTunes. Our district code is DZDX. More details about the Parent Portal can be found here.
Rosetta Stone Community Solutions for K-12
There is a new program available to parents who would like to learn English and become more involved in their child’s academic achievement. The program is free to parents and is on a first come first serve basis. Rosetta Stone® Community Solution for K-12 is a program available to the parents of our English Language Learners. This program will provide the parents of our English Language Learners with an opportunity to learn and develop their English Language skills. It will also enable parents to increase their engagement in their child’s school and contribute to improving their child’s educational achievement. The online lessons from Rosetta Stone® Community Solution for K-12 allow parents to use this program at home, work, on their phone, or anywhere they have access to the internet.
If you would like to have access to this program, please contact your child’s ESOL teacher. The ESOL teacher will be able to provide you with a code to access the program and share general log-in instructions. Click here for more information and for the link to login.