Regular attendance is crucial in the success of every student. Here are a few reminders to help you and your student have a successful year at Heritage Elementary:
• The building opens for students at 7:00 am
• School starts promptly at 7:45 am
• No early dismissals after 1:45 pm
• School is dismissed at 2:15 pm
• Students should be picked up from school no later than 2:30 pm
• A parent must send a note for ANY absence or it will remain unexcused
• Students are allowed to miss 10 non-medical school days each year. All absences after the 10th non-medical absence must be for medical reasons and accompanied by a note from a doctor.
• A student must attend at least 3 hours or 180 minutes to be counted present for the day.
Doctor's notes or parent notes can also be faxed to 864-355-6046. Please feel free to call our school office for any questions at 864-355-6000.
Please support Heritage's 2020-2021 PTA. Together we can make a difference!
The Extended Day Program provides child care from 2:15pm-6:00pm on normal school days. Children are served a light snack, have homework time, and given time for physical activity, games, and or other fun interests.
Please pick up students from the cafeteria doors accessible by entering the bus loop and have your dismissal car tag in hand. There will not be anyone in the front office after 3:45 daily.
If you are interested in your child participating in our Extended Day Program please contact Ms. Walker at 864-355-6001. For rates please visit our Extended Day Site.
Please contact the health room at 864-355-6007 to make an appointment to drop off medications.
Parents may now sign up for parent backpack which will be replacing parent portal. You will need your student's school ID number to add your student once you have enrolled as the parent. The link below will guide you through the process.
Please visit GCSD Student Services - Health Services webpage for up to date information pertaining to health room and medication policies.