Do you plan on volunteering or chaperoning on field trips? If so, Greenville County Schools has implemented additional security checks for school volunteers. All volunteers must submit an online application to the district and receive clearance from the district before volunteering or chaperoning any school field trip.
Please visit GCS School Visitor and Volunteer Guidelines page for complete details. There you will find links to apply for Level I or Level II clearance. Anyone who wishes to be considered for chaperoning on field trips MUST be approved as LEVEL II.
Regular attendance is crucial in the success of every student. Here are a few reminders to help you and your student have a successful year at Heritage Elementary:
• The building opens for students at 7:00 am
• School starts promptly at 7:45 am
• No early dismissals after 1:45 pm
• School is dismissed at 2:15 pm
• Students should be picked up from school no later than 2:30 pm
• A parent must send a note for ANY absence or it will remain unexcused
• Students are allowed to miss 10 non-medical school days each year.
• All absences after the 10th non-medical absence must be for medical reasons and accompanied by a note from a doctor.
• A student must attend at least 3 hours or 180 minutes to be counted present for the day.
Doctor's notes or parent notes can also be faxed to 864-355-6046 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please feel free to call our attendance clerk for any questions at 864-355-6001.
Parents are encouraged to sign up for parent backpack. You will need your student's school ID number to add your student once you have enrolled as the parent. Please visit the GCSD link below for information to get started.
Please visit GCSD Student Services - Health Services webpage for up to date information pertaining to health room and medication policies.