DHEC Social Distancing
DHEC is expanding the amount of social distance that students must maintain to avoid being labeled as a “close contact” to a COVID positive individual. Close contacts are required to quarantine unless they are vaccinated or have documentation of a positive COVID diagnosis within the last 90 days. At the start of the school year students were only required to maintain three feet of distance from an infectious individual. Effective Monday, the rules become more complicated. For example, students who are within 3 to 6 feet of an infectious student for 15 minutes or more will be identified as a “close contact” unless both were wearing a mask. However, if the infectious person is an adult, everyone within 6 feet is a close contact regardless of masking. Also, if the distance is less than 3 feet, close contact exists with or without masks. We have posted graphics below to help explain the new DHEC rules and how they apply to various scenarios.
Each school year. Greenville County Schools are required to notify parents and eligible students (18 years and older) of the rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Pupils Protection of Rights Act (PPRA). Please visit Greenville County Schools Know Your Rights page for more information.
Visit Greenville County Schools Social Emotional Learning page for more information.
Please contact the health room at 864-355-6007 to make an appointment to drop off medications.
Parents are encouraged to sign up for parent backpack. You will need your student's school ID number to add your student once you have enrolled as the parent. Please visit the GCSD link below for information to get started.
Regular attendance is crucial in the success of every student. Here are a few reminders to help you and your student have a successful year at Heritage Elementary:
• The building opens for students at 7:00 am
• School starts promptly at 7:45 am
• No early dismissals after 1:45 pm
• School is dismissed at 2:15 pm
• Students should be picked up from school no later than 2:30 pm
• A parent must send a note for ANY absence or it will remain unexcused
• Students are allowed to miss 10 non-medical school days each year.
• All absences after the 10th non-medical absence must be for medical reasons and accompanied by a note from a doctor.
• A student must attend at least 3 hours or 180 minutes to be counted present for the day.
Doctor's notes or parent notes can also be faxed to 864-355-6046. Please feel free to call our school office for any questions at 864-355-6000.
Please visit GCSD Student Services - Health Services webpage for up to date information pertaining to health room and medication policies.