Gateway Parents - School Improvement Council
What is a School Improvement Council?
A School Improvement Council (SIC) is an advisory committee to a school's principal. Under the 1977 South Carolina Education Finance Act, the 1984 Education Improvement Act, and the Early Childhood Development and Academic Assistance of 1993 (Act 135) SOCs have the following responsibilities:
- to assist in the preparation of the five year plan and annual updates required in this section;
- to assist with the development and monitoring of school improvement and innovation;
- develop an annual school report to the reports and constituents of the school by February 1st of each year that shall provide information on the school's progress on meeting the school and district goals and objectives;
- provide assistance as the principal may request, as well as carrying out any other duties prescribe by the school board.
SIC Meeting Notes
- Mike Geran, President
- Susan Stubley, Principal
- Janet Calvage, Assistant Principal
- Katie Drennon, Instructional Coach
- Cindy Howard, Guidance Counselor
- Reagan Watson, Teacher
- Amy Clark, Teacher
Gateway School Portfolio (PDF)