The mission of Gateway Elementary School is to provide a diverse and individualized educational environment along with experiences that develop, guide, empower and mentor students to be confident, creative, collaborative problem solvers and responsible lifelong learners. We strive to provide our students with an atmosphere that models and teaches empathy, respect, and strategies for productive problem solving and developing a growth mindset. Our dedication to this mission will foster active, productive members of society and career ready leaders of tomorrow.
Goal 4: Maintain at least 95.0% attendance rate for all students and all student sub groups from 2019 through 2023.
Objective: Continue to maintain at least 95.0% attendance rate for all students and all student subgroups for the 2022-2023 school year.
Goal 5: Maintain 100% of teachers as highly qualified from 2019-2023.
Objective: Continue to meet qualification criteria for 100% of teachers in all areas of certification.
● We believe all students and staff should be valued and treated with respect and dignity. We believe a safe environment is essential to the learning process.
● We believe all children and adults should be challenged to view life from different perspectives.
● We believe self-respect, discipline, and social skills should be modeled and reinforced at school.
● We believe family and community engagement in the learning process is an essential component for student success.
● We believe instruction should meet the needs of all students.
● We believe students should communicate ideas, collaborate productively, solve problems, think critically and creatively while consistently reflecting on their own thinking and learning.
● We believe that an effective learning community empowers all educators to make informed decisions and provides experiences through data driven planning to ensure the success of each student.
● We believe each member of our school community can be a successful, global citizen and 21st century lifelong learner.