Mission, Vision and Beliefs
WE will learn in a safe, nurturing environment to achieve academic success and become productive citizens.
The vision of Welcome Elementary is to educate and empower each child to be an independent lifelong learner, and a productive, responsible citizen. We will achieve this by creating a safe and nurturing environment for all students. Our state standards-based curriculum will be progressive, challenging, and rigorous. Instruction will be interactive, providing opportunities that are developmentally appropriate and will integrate technology across all areas of the curriculum.
- We believe all students can learn, achieve, and succeed.
- We believe school should provide a physically safe and nurturing environment conducive to learning in which everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
- We believe in providing 1:1 advanced opportunities for the 21st Century learner.
- We believe each child can develop into a self-directed, independent learner and a productive, responsible citizen.
- We believe that curriculum and assessments should be standards -based, rigorous, and integrated.
- We believe instruction should involve best practices, differentiation, and utilize a hands-on, multi-sensory approach.
- We believe education is the shared responsibility of teachers, parents, and the community.
- We believe in promoting a healthy lifestyle through physical activities and a variety of nutritional choices.
- We believe we should be good stewards of the financial resources afforded to our school.