Summit Drive School Improvement Council
School Improvement Council, or SIC, was initiated by South Carolina legislation over 20 years ago as a means of assuring the influential voice of parents and community members in the education of their children. Some SIC members are appointed, some are elected and some are members because of their job. Summit Drive meets monthly at 12:00 noon. Everyone is welcome to attend. If you have questions please contact one of the members of the council or attend one of our meeting.
Key Functions of SIC
- SICs work with the school to develop and implement a five-year school improvement plan (school renewal plan).
- SICs monitor and evaluate success in reaching the plan's goals and objectives.
- SICs write an annual report to parents about the progress of the plan.
- SICs assist the principal in writing the narrative for the School Report Card.
- SICs advise on the use of school incentive awards and provide assistance as requested by the principal.
2017-2018 SIC Members
*New members to be determined
- Scott Gladden – Parent and SIC Chair
- Kelly Hellams– Principal
- Jan Barrett – Admin. Assistant
- Hope Taylor- PTA President
- Doug Webb- Parent, School District Representative
- Mary Leslie Anderson – Principal League Academy, Community Member
- Jenni Risell – Guidance Counselor
- Pell Fain – Instructional Coach
- Kamaya Mention – Teacher of the Year
The meeting dates for the 2017-2018 school year are:
- August 10
- September 20
- October 18
- November 15
- January 17
- February 14
- March 14
- April 18