Grades: 6th, 7th, 8th
Enrollment: 1163 students
School Colors: Blue and Silver
School Mascot: Riverside Royals
Motto: "Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow"
2018 SC PASS and SC READY Testing Information
Standardized testing for SCPASS (Science or Social Studies) and SC Ready (ELA and Math) will be taking place in May. Below is some information that we hope you find helpful. Please review the information, and if you have any questions, contact the testing coordinator, Ms. Bush, at 355-7929.
- Testing begins at promptly 8:35, so please have students at school on time.
- Doctors’ appointments or other out of school functions should not be scheduled during testing times.
- Cell phones, smart watches, and other electronics should be stored in the locker or left at home. Students may not be in possession of any electronic devices that can be used for communicating, timing, creating images, or storing images. If brought into the test session, they will be collected by the test administrator and returned after the test session is complete. There is a protocol for devices necessary for medical monitoring.
- Please see the attached schedule for testing dates and times. Note that each grade level tests separately. The tests are not timed. The students may actively work on the test as long as needed, but they must complete the test by the end of the school day. The majority of the students are projected to finish around 11:30 each morning.
- Students will be provided state testing accommodations according to IEP, 504, or ESOL plans.
- The policy for calculator use may be found at this website: https://ed.sc.gov/tests/tests-files/sc-ready-files/sc-ready-calculator-use-policy-for-2017-18/
- Online Practice Tests for all subjects are available at this website: https://wbte.drcedirect.com/SC/portals/sc/ Click on the white link "Online tools training" below the square labeled SCPASS/SCREADY.
- NEW! Students taking the test online will be provided paper ELA Passage Booklets. Booklets will include the passage for the text-dependent analysis in ELA Session 1, and the reading passages for ELA Session 2. Students may mark or highlight in the booklets, but will respond online.
Yearbooks have arrived and will be given out later this month. Order yours today before they've all been sold! Students can purchase yearbooks for $46 cash in the lobby on Friday mornings or in G107 on the 8th grade hall any school day until supplies run out! No change will be given, so bring exactly $46 to buy.
Summer School Information
The summer school website is now active. Registration will open on Wednesday, May 9th. All summer school documents are located on the summer school website at www.greenville.k12.sc.us/summerschool. As a reminder, registration options are as follows:
(1). Online registration and payment at www.greenville.k12.sc.us/summerschool
(2). Register in person at student’s home school
End of Course Testing
Students currently enrolled in Algebra 1 and English 1 Honors will take their End of Course Exams (EOC) at 8:35 a.m. on the following dates:
- English 1 Writing: Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- Algebra 1: Tuesday, Tuesday, May 29, 2018
- English 1 Reading: Wednesday, May 30, 2018
Below is some information that we hope you find helpful. Please review the information, and if you have any questions, please contact the testing coordinator, Mr. Guth, at 355-7911.
- Testing begins promptly at 8:35, so please have students at school on time.
- Please do not schedule doctor's appointments or other out of school functions during testing times.
- Cell phone, smart watches, and other electronics should be stored in the locker or left at home. Students may not be in possession of any electronic devices that can be used for communicating, timing, creating images, or storing images. These devices should be left at home or stored in the locker. If brought into the test session, they will be collected by the test administrator and returned after the test session is complete.
- The tests are not timed. The students may actively work on the test as long as needed, but they do need to complete the test by the end of the school day. The students are projected to finish before 11:30 each morning.
- NEW! Online Practice Tests for all subjects are available at the following website: https://wbte.drcedirect.com/SC/portals/sc/ Once you access this site, click on the white link entitled "Online Tools Training" below the square labeled End-of-Course Examination.
- Algebra 1 Calculator use: Students taking the Algebra 1 End of Course Exam will be allowed to use a calculator during the test. Pop-up calculators will appear on the screen during the test, and the school will also provide very simple 4-function calculators. Students may also use their own calculators if they meet the required policy. Calculators will be cleared before and after the test, as required by SC policy. Teachers will designate a day that calculators are to be turned in for clearing prior to the test. Please backup any information or programs that students wish to save.
You can access the State Calculator Policy for the EOC by clicking on this link: math.
2018-19 School Calendar
Greenville County Schools has released the 2018-19 academic calendar. The first day of school for students is Monday, August 20, 2018, which is the first day South Carolina schools are allowed to begin the 2018-19 year per state law. The last day of school is Wednesday, June 5, 2019. Click for more information.