Due to the weather we have had to make the decision to RESCHEDULE our Boosterthon Fun Run. Our new date for the Fun Run is now Friday October 22, 2021. We plan to use the same schedule which is linked.
In case you missed the phone blast or the email, click on the image below to see the latest communication from Mr. Loach!
Art and Library teachers are teaming up to host a book character pumpkin contest! Students, choose your favorite BOOK character, and paint OR carve them on your pumpkin! Pumpkins will be put on display OUTSIDE and voted on by the school and community. The best pumpkins will receive a small prize. If you are interested in participating, follow these instructions:
You MUST complete an entry form prior to the drop-off date! We have to make sure we have room for all of the pumpkins. No last-minute pumpkins will be allowed. Pumpkins will be voted on by students on Thursday, October 28th during school. The community will be able to vote Thursday evening. Pumpkins can be picked up Friday after 3:15 pm.
• The school requires signed notes from parents or guardians for explanation of the following: Absence/Tardiness/Early Dismissal/ Change in the way a child is going home/ Permission to go home with another student (*If riding the bus, students must already ride the same bus route). A signed parent note or medical excuse must be given to the office any time your child is absent.
• Any changes in afternoon transportation must be in writing and signed by the parent. Emails or phone calls cannot be accepted.
• Per Greenville County School District (GCSD) policy, early dismissals must be before 1:45 p.m.
• During daily dismissal, all parents/guardians who come to the office, must remain outside until 2:45 pm.
• Money is receipted by teachers first thing in the morning. All money must be turned in to teachers by 7:45 a.m. The office cannot accept any money.
• According to healthy school guidelines, no restaurant/fast food/food delivery of any kind is allowed – healthy or not. To support healthy choices, birthday treats must be healthy, such as yogurt, goldfish, pretzels, or fruit popsicles. Per GCS Covid directives, treats must be individually packaged by the manufacturer. All birthday treats are served at lunch.
• Smart watches and cell phones are not allowed to be out at school. If a student has one, it must be turned off and remain in the student’s backpack while on school grounds.
• To protect instructional time, the only forgotten items that can be brought in are glasses, hearing aids, Chromebooks, and backpacks.
• Forgotten lunches will be placed on a designated table in the cafeteria. Students can pick them up on their way to lunch.
• After afternoon dismissal, no students are allowed back into classrooms to retrieve anything they have forgotten after they have left the building.
• Due to class interruption, missed instructional time, and limited space students are not allowed to attend sibling performances.
• Per GCSD policy, school personnel are not allowed to touch birthday party invitations. A student can distribute invitations if all students in the class are invited.
• The back entrance where car riders enter the building closes at 7:45 a.m. Even if a parent is in the line, students are considered tardy if they aren’t in the building when the bell rings.
• Please send correct change or check when paying for school fees, field trips, etc.
• It is vitally important to report Covid exposure and/or positive cases to the teacher and head lice to Nurse Amy or Nurse Leigh at 452-0604.
• Parents, please notify daycares of early dismissals and absences.