Our new playground is finished! Students from Miss Oaks' and Miss Hodnett's classes TRULY enjoy playing on the new equipment! Check out some of their pictures by clicking on the playground image below.
We are SO appreciative of the work our bus drivers do to keep our students safe! Please watch this video to see our heartfelt gratitude of all they do!
Please join school counselors, Laurie Crouch (Monarch) and Kyle Herr (Ellen Woodside), for the 2nd seminar of the Power of Positive Parenting program: “RAISING CONFIDENT, COMPETENT CHILDREN”. This live virtual seminar for parents is being held on Friday, Feb. 26th, 2021 from 9:00-10:30. Click on the Triple P Logo below to view a letter of invitation. Complete our Registration Form and we will email you a link to join this interactive seminar.
Monarch’s 2020-2021 yearbook will be on sale online from Jan. 28, 2021 through April 11, 2021. The website to place online orders is https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/ and Monarch’s school code is 13889. You can also click on the Yearbook Sales image to place your order.
The yearbook costs $26.00 and will be full color and bound with a hard cover again this year. Ordering yearbooks online by April 11, 2021 is the only guarantee that students will receive a yearbook. Those who choose not to order online may send in payment to the classroom teacher with checks made payable to Monarch Elem.
The 4K application window will be open until March 10, 2021. To comply with new procedures and protocols, the application and screening process has moved to an online format. For more information, or for Spanish, please view the flyer.
How to Apply:
Dates: January 11-March 10, 2021.
· The online application is posted here on the GCS website.
· A child’s primary custodial parent/legal guardian can submit the online application.
· For parents who do not have internet access, they can call 864-452-0437 to apply.
· Completing the application does not guarantee that the child will be enrolled. Notification of acceptance will be sent to parents via email by April 1, 2021.
· We will not hold the face-to-face screening scheduled for March 24-26, 2021. The screening process is now part of the 4K Application.
About the At-Risk 4K Program:
· 4K programs for children at risk for school success are offered at various elementary schools and six child development centers. Click here for all locations.
· Children who will be four years old on or before September 1, 2021 may be eligible for this free program.
· Eligibility for 4K is based on academic and developmental needs, low family income, and low parent education level. However, everyone is encouraged to apply.
· The GCS Virtual Program is not available for the At-Risk 4K program.