Greer High School Media Center
Destiny Discover search for books and ebooks in our school library's catalog. Login with your district user name and password to check out ebooks, check account information, and place holds.
DISCUS South Carolina's ultimate reliable, current, and authoritative database collection. Find material for any project or interest. Ask or email your librarian for home access password. http://www.scdiscus.org/
Learning Express Library is a database (in Discus) with a vast collection of test-prep tools, skill-building materials and career skill resources for students of all ages. It also includes a Center with Resources for Spanish speakers. The College Preparation Center has tutorials, practice tests, and eBooks for all the various college prep tests The School Center has tons of resources and ebooks for teachers and students. Learning Express Library. Learn More ACT Test Prep Learning Express Centers
Printing Allocation for Students
20 black copies per month at no charge– unused copies will roll over each month to a maximum amount of 35 copies. Students may purchase additional copies 10 for $.25
Color copies for students will not factor into the black copy allotment. Students will have to purchase color copies separately.
1-2 color copies = $0.25, 3-4 color copies = $0.50, 5-6 color copies = $0.75, Etc. Payment must be made before the job is released by Mrs. Kicker or Mrs. Kiser.
Music clips for projects = download copyright free music clips, and sound effects.
See Mrs. Kicker or Mrs. Kiser for user name and password.
Book Club, "Book Jackets" meets the first and last Friday of each month during all three lunch periods. Read the book(s) and come ready to discuss. Bring your lunch and cookies and lemonade will be provided. See Mrs. Kiser for the book(s) your lunch period is reading.
Book Jackets Book Club watched 2017 YABA nominee Everything, Everything during the in-house field trip. Students were treated to pizza and snacks. After watching, students then compared the book and movie versions. Students participated in the field trip if they had read a minimum of 3 books from the SC YABA list. These students also voted on their favorite book on the list. The SC YABA winner will be announced mid-March at the SC Association of School Librarian’s Conference.
Greer High Media Center Mission Statement
The mission of the Greer High School Media Center is to ensure that our students and staff are effective and ethical users and producers of resources, ideas, and information and are life-long readers who love to read for pleasure and information so that our students are college and career ready.
- Regular collection books circulate for three weeks - Overdue fines .10 per day with a maximum of $8.00 or 50% of the book's cost.
- If a student has an overdue book or a fine more than $2.00 they will not be allowed to check out materials. If fine is below $2, students may check out one book at a time until fine has been paid.
- Current magazines circulate overnight - Fine .25 a day
- Media Center Passes are required during class time unless you are with a teacher.
- Students are required to check in and out on the computer with their ID. Failure to properly sign in may result in your returning to class.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Media Center. Only water is allowed.