In a challenging and supportive atmosphere, Greer High School provides all students opportunities to excel in academics, arts, and athletics, as well as to prepare for social, civic, and occupational responsibilities.
- Students are the center of the educational process.
- All students can learn; however, students learn in different ways.
- Students learn more effectively if treated fairly, equally, and consistently.
- Students have the responsibility to be active learners.
- Students learn best in a safe environment nurtured by professional and competent teachers, administrators, and support personnel.
- A challenging and balanced curriculum ensures that students communicate effectively, compute accurately, think critically, and act responsibly.
- Education is the shared responsibility of home, school, and community.
- Cultural diversity increases student understanding of different peoples and cultures.
- Keeping up with technology in the classroom is essential to prepare students for success in tomorrow’s world.
- Increase student achievement
- Improve attendance for both students and faculty
- Improve standardized test scores
- Improve the climate of the school
- Create a safe climate for teaching and learning