About Cherrydale Elementary School
Mrs. Debra R. Johnson, Principal
S.I.C. President, Mrs. Joanie Bailey-Land
P.T.A. President, Mr. Terrence Savage
Grades: 4K - 5th Grades
School Motto: "Everyday Brings a New Success"
School Colors: Blue, Silver and Red
School Mascot: Panthers
Cherrydale Elementary School
302 Perry Road, Greenville, SC 29609
Telephone: 864-355-3300 / Fax: 864-355-3361
Purpose: To provide a quality instructional environment with a strong academic foundation that will encourage academic excellence for all students and instill a love of learning beyond the classroom
Vision: To create a learning environment where all children are empowered to BELIEVE & ACHIEVE
Mission: To Promote Achievement. Teamwork equals Achievement and Everyday Brings a New Success
- Student Achievement is the #1 priority.
- High expectations must be set for all students.
- All students can learn.
- The school and community must work together to promote achievement.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in their learning.
- Each student is a valued individual with a unique set of physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Continuous improvement is imperative to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
Information About Cherrydale
- All of the staff, teachers and paraprofessionals” are Highly Qualified” by the SC State Department of Education to teach in Grades kindergarten through fifth grade.
- New School Facilities as of Fall 2004 - Two-story structure with full gymnasium
- Outstanding Business/Education Partnership Program
- Terrific Kids Program Sponsored by Kiwanis Club of Greenville
- Awards Program
- Annual College Tours in April
- All Day 4 and 5 Year Old Kindergarten Program
- Student Incentive Programs
- Honor Roll (A and B Students)
- Title I School Wide Program
- Related Arts Classes
- Only school in Greenville County Schools to receive the State Supt's Public Choice Innovation School Grant for Single Gender Initiative implemented 2008-2009
- National Junior Beta Club
- Junior Broadway Plays
- Cherrydale Idol
- Visionary Leaders (VL) Mentoring Program
- Lady Pink Panthers Mentoring Program
- Parent Power Involvement Program
- The first school with a data room, whose name has been trademarked, to analyze student assessments entitled W.A.R. Room (Where Achievement Rises)
Awards and Honors
- 2011-2012 Palmetto Silver Awards in both the Performance and Growth category and the Closing the Gaps category
- Alliance for Quality Education
- Red Carpet Award (2003)
- Palmetto Silver Award (2003)
- Webmaster's Choice Gold Award 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.
- Best of the Web (2004 and 2007)
- SC/NSPRA Rewards for Excellence in Communications and Public Relations (2004)
- TIAA Cref Emergent Teacher of the Year (2004)
- TIAA Cref Administrative Assistant of the Year (2005-06)