About Cherrydale Elementary School
Mrs. Debra R. Johnson, Principal
S.I.C. President, Dr. Sharolyn N Simmons
Grades: 4K - 5th Grades
School Motto: "Everyday Brings a New Success"
School Colors: Blue, Silver and Red
School Mascot: Panthers
Cherrydale Elementary School
302 Perry Road, Greenville, SC 29609
Telephone: 864-355-3300 / Fax: 864-355-3361
Purpose: To provide a quality instructional environment with a strong academic foundation that will encourage academic excellence for all students and instill a love of learning beyond the classroom
Vision: To create a learning environment where all children are empowered to BELIEVE & ACHIEVE
Mission: To Promote Achievement. Teamwork equals Achievement and Everyday Brings a New Success
- Student Achievement is the #1 priority.
- High expectations must be set for all students.
- All students can learn.
- The school and community must work together to promote achievement.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in their learning.
- Each student is a valued individual with a unique set of physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Continuous improvement is imperative to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
Information About Cherrydale
- All of the staff, teachers and paraprofessionals” are Highly Qualified” by the SC State Department of Education to teach in Grades kindergarten through fifth grade.
- Outstanding Business/Education Partnership Program
- Terrific Kids Program Sponsored by Kiwanis Club of Greenville
- Awards Program
- All Day 4 and 5 Year Old Kindergarten Program
- Student Incentive Programs
- Honor Roll (A and B Students)
- Title I School Wide Program
- Related Arts Classes
- Only school in Greenville County Schools to receive the State Supt's Public Choice Innovation School Grant for Single Gender Initiative implemented 2008-2009
- Parenting Partners School