Mission and Beliefs
To Soar and Succeed; to Grow and to Lead
- Instruction must be both differentiated and challenging while providing real life experiences for our students.
- Formal and informal assessments must be aligned to the standards. Curriculum must be standards-based and spiraled for continuous growth.
- Student learning is accelerated through an extended curriculum and technology applications that address various learning styles and ability levels.
- Teachers must set high expectations for all students.
- Students should feel safe and respected in a child-centered environment.
- Mutual respect and open communication among all staff members is essential for a professional community of learners.
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- All students can learn.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationship and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
For Bell’s Crossing Elementary School is to provide an environment where children are first. Teachers will help students gain meaningful experiences through integrated strategies and continuous improvement. The standards will be met using differentiated curriculum and teaching methods to meet the diverse needs of the students. Standards based assessments, both formal and informal, will be used as tools for directing instruction. Various learning styles and ability levels will be addressed by an extended curriculum and technology applications that accelerate student learning. Teachers will set high expectations for all students while maintaining a safe and respectful environment. A professional community of learners will be established through the mutual respect and open communication among all staff members. Community partnerships will be welcomed and encouraged to play a vital role in the success of our school.