A Note from our Principal, Mr. Charles T. Davis, Jr.
It's hard to believe that another year is quickly coming to an end. We have certainly enjoyed a continuation of our Superhero theme, "Every Superhero Loves a Story!" Our students have loved explroing a variety of genres as they continuously grew into superhero readers. Also, teachers and staff joined in on the fun by taking time to read "Up, Up and Away" in the most creative heroic places around the country. This has been another great year for our school!
We were excited to named a Finalist for the 2018 Palmetto's Finest Award. We feel passionate that our total school program is a reflection of our motto, "Building a Community of Excellence Once Student at a Time." Our school exemplifies quality education in South Carolina because our school culture ensures that students feel safe as they learn and experience sucess. Brushy Creek has a supportive community, dedicated parental involvement, and intentional planning for the implementation of a quality educational program.
- Molly Mosley, third grade teacher was selected as our 2018-2019 Teacher of the Year! She has also been selected as a top ten finalist for Greenville County School's Teacher of the Year!
- Holly Rushton, fifth grade teacher, was selected as a Golden Apple Award winner!
- We won the Safety School Award for Greenville County Schools.
- Our students continued to exceed district and state averages on BOTH the SCReady and SCPASS state standardized tests.
- Brushy Creek again earned state recognigtion and received the Palmetto Gold Award for attaining high levels of academic performance.
- Madison Moran, Abbey Pruitt, Briseis Rebustillo, Angelica Rodriguez, Lucy Smith, and Gracie Wallace were selected to participate in the annual Spring Sing Performance!
In kind regards,
Charles T. Davis, Jr., Principal