School Improvement Council
What is SIC?
What does the council do?
- SICs work with the school to develop and implement a five-year school improvement plan (school renewal plan).
- SICs monitor and evaluate success in reaching the plan's goals and objectives.
- SICs write an annual report to parents about the progress of the plan.
- SICs assist the principal in writing the narrative for the School Report Card.
- SICs advise on the use of school incentive awards and provide assistance as requested by the principal.
How can the SIC help me as a parent?
- Provide a forum for your voice to be heard
- Help you learn about issues that impact public education
- Assist in getting to know faculty, administration and other Armstrong parents
- Strengthen the school that your children attend
How can I get involved?
If you are interested in serving on the SIC or have questions regarding the SIC, please contact our SIC chair.
SIC Information 2019 - 2020
SIC Pamphlet 19-20