News & Notes
Girls Basketball Team Wins Again!
Our varsity girls basketball team will play Wade Hampton this Saturday in the Upper State Finals! Tickets are $10. The only passes accepted will be SCHSL Passes accompanied by an ID. Come out and cheer on our Lady Wildcats!
Fan Information from SCHSL:
- Gates open for spectators at 3:00 pm on February 24 and 10:00 am on February 25.
- Tickets are $10 for Friday and $10 on Saturday. (All presale tickets are $10.00) Children 5 and under are free. A General Admission ticket will allow patrons to see all games that day. However, re-entry is not allowed and a new ticket must be purchased if a patron decides to leave the building with plans of returning.
- General public must enter BSWA at the main entrance located to the right of the box office on Church Street. SC High School League passes (with picture ID) will enter through the HSL Pass Gate also located on Church Street.
- Fans will not be permitted to reserve sections of seats.
- No artificial noisemakers or hand held signs will be allowed. No parents or fans will be allowed on the court during or following any game. Fans and parents are allowed to have cameras at the event.
Also be aware of the Bon Secours Wellness Arena clear bag policy.
Coach Morris Chosen for All Star Team
Prom Tickets on SaleProm tickets are now for sale! They are available online for $75 per ticket. See Prom page for complete details.
Palmetto Girls State
The American Legion Auxiliary, will have their 72nd session of Palmetto Girls State on the campus of Presbyterian College. Any junior girl interested in Palmetto Girls State should stop by the school counseling office to pick up an application. The applicaiton deadline is Monday, February 26. Applications should be submitted to Ms. Jones. For more information, please visit Palmetto Girls State.
New Greenhouse Open
Our new greenhouse is up and the FFA students are getting ready for the spring plant sale.
FBLA District Conference
Congratulations to John Askew, Reylan Cook, Shameia Williams, Emilee Bailey and Ryann Conway for placing 5th at the South Carolina Future Business Leaders of America (SC FBLA) District One Conference. Dorman High School was the location for the event January 27, 2018. Ryan and John competed in the Business Ethics category. Reylan, Emilee, and Shameia competed in Social Media. They are eligible for competitions at the State Leadership Conference in Charleston, SC in March.