Title I Information for Sue Cleveland
Sue Cleveland Elementary is hard at work every day building a strong foundation that will allow for student success and provide the necessary ingredients to build our students into College or Career Ready Graduates. We invite parents and visitors to join us for any of our Title I Planning Meetings, special events, or just stop by and say hello! You will notice a lot of changes to Sue Cleveland this year. If you have any suggestions to help us as we plan each year, or if you would like to volunteer, please come by the front office and place your idea in our suggestion box or see our Parent and Family Engagement Coordinator, Mrs. Fernicola. We believe in keeping our partnership strong with our parents and community. We can't do it alone; our student’s academic success requires all of us!
What is Title I?
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) was signed by President Obama on December 10, 2015. This bipartisan measure reauthorizes the 50 year old Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) the nation’s national education law and longstanding commitment to equal opportunity of all students. The reauthorized law sets high standards and contains policies that will help prepare all students for success in college and future careers.
We have a school wide Title I program at SCE, where ALL children benefit from Title I funds. You have a right to be involved in your child's education and we invite you to be a part of the yearlong Title I planning process. Please see our online calendar for meetings dates and times. Additionally, information is sent home in weekly teacher newsletters, and by the Principal’s weekly phone message on Friday evenings.
The 2018-2019 school year saw Sue Cleveland’s Title I allocation reduced from $563,773.00, to $486,530.00 ($477,240.00 and Parent Set Aside funds of $9290.00). Part of that change was due to our reduced poverty percentage on Day 135 as well as our student population declining.
Title I funds will be used for:
- 1 ELA Interventionist
- 1 Computer Lab teacher
- Teacher support in the form of Instructional Coaches and additional professional development opportunities
- Parent and Family Engagement Coordinator
- Behavior Interventionist
- Parent Trainings, resources and materials for home use
- Instructional Technology and Site Licenses for school and home use
- Supplemental classroom resources
We keep a copy of our Title I Plan and our School Report Card on our website when they become available.
We have many opportunities for you to become involved in our school community and we look forward to working closely with you this school year! We are in the process of planning many new parent opportunities. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns!
Paula McCallister, M.Ed., NBCT Title I Facilitator 355-4254
Lara Fernicola, Parent and Family Engagement Coordinator 355-4230, Parent Resource Room 305. Please note that our Parent Room is now upstairs, right across from the elevator.
Please sign up for Remind 101 and the Parent Portal with Mrs. Fernicola and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
Title I Documents and Links
These documents will be updated throughout the school year as our yearlong planning process takes place.
- Title I Plan
- SCE Compact - Draft
- SCE Compact - Draft - Spanish
- SCE Parent and Family Engagement Policy - Draft
- SCE Parent and Family Engagement Policy - Draft - Spanish
- Parent Involvement & PTA Calendar
- School Report Card
- 24 Hour Rule
- GCS Title I webpage
- GCS Parent and Family Engagement Policy - Draft
- GCS Parent and Family Engagement Policy - Draft - Spanish
- Title I Newsletter
- Principal's Letter of Highly Qualified Staff
- Attestation for HQ Staff
- SCDE Complaint Resolution Procedures
- SC Dept. of Education webpage
- What is Title I?
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- Difference Between NCLB & ESSA
- Student Reading Success Activity Guide
- Parent Survey Results
- How to Prepare for a Successful Parent Conference