Welcome to the Slater-Marietta Elementary attendance information page. You can find answers to questions you may have regarding your child's attendance. Please feel free to call our school office for any questions at 355-2000.
Here are a few reminders to help you and your student have a successful year at Slater-Marietta Elementary:
- The building opens for students at 7:10 am
- School starts promptly at 7:45 am. If your child is tardy, you will need to park and come sign your child in the front office.
- No early dismissals after 1:45 pm
- School is dismissed at 2:15 pm
- Students should be picked up from school no later than 2:30 pm
- A parent must send a note for ANY absence or it will remain unexcused.
- Students are allowed to miss 10 non-medical school days each year. All absences after the 10th non-medical absence must be for medical reasons and accompanied by a note from a doctor.
- A student must attend at least 3 hours or 180 minutes to be counted present for the day.
- SCDE requires that elementary schools collect information on where 5K students attended child care/preschool programs during the 2020-2021 school year (the year prior to 5K). We are collecting this information as part of enrollment rather than after the school year begins.
- Please complete the form: Early Childhood Prior Child Care-5K Students Only