About Our School
The mission of Slater-Marietta Elementary School is to provide a quality education to build the foundation needed to grow academically and socially which in turn will empower each student to be responsible, productive citizens and future leaders.
- All students can learn.
- All students can learn best in a safe, nurturing environment that is supportive and inviting.
- All students must be active participants in the educational process, assuming increased responsibility for learning and problem solving.
- All students have the right of equal access to educational opportunities.
- All students' education must include intellectual, emotional, social, physical, and character development.
- All students will be productive life-long learners with the support of their home, school, and community.
- All students should be provided with developmentally appropriate opportunities.
School Programs and Features
7 Habits of Happy Kids Character Education Program
A/B Honor Roll
After School Soccer Club
All A Honor Roll
Awards Day for each Grade
Box Tops for Education
Campbell Soup Labels
Family Learning Nights
Fifth Grade Trip to Atlanta
Fourth Grade Trip to Camp Greenville
Full Time 4 Year Old Kindergarten
Full Time Computer Lab
Gifted and Talented Program
Ingles Booster Club
Junior Beta Club
Media Center After-School Activities
Promethean Boards In Every Classroom
Red Ribbon Week Activities
Smart Arts Program for the Metropolitan Arts Council
Televised Morning News Show
Third Grade Trip to Columbia
Wave Classroom Behavior System With Rewards
Wireless Access throughout the School
Slater-Marietta at a Glance
Grades: 4K through 5th grade
4K - 1
5K - 2
1st Grade - 4
2nd Grade - 3
3rd Grade - 3
4th Grade - 3
5th Grade - 3
Primary Grades Resource
Intermediate Grades Resource
Primary Grades Reading and Math Intervention
Intermediate Grades Reading and Math Intervention
Challenge for 3rd - 5th Graders
School Enrollment: Approximately 400
School Colors: Green and White
School Mascot: Greenwave
School Awards and Grants
- 2009-2010 The Bill Page Award for Excellence in Teaching Grant
- "Carolina Fence Garden" Grant from Environmental Education Association of SC with matching funds from local businesses
- "Trout In the Classroom" awarded by Trout Unlimited and the SCDNR
- 2007-2008 ING Financial Literacy Grant
- 2007-2008 Alliance for Quality Education Grant
- 2011 - 2012 Palmetto Silver School
- 2011-2015 Safe Kids School
- 2012 - 2015 Green Steps School
- Certified Wildlife Habitat
- Environmental Education Association of South Carolina Outstanding Youth Award
- Red Carpet Award
- SC Exemplay Writing Award
- Hall of Fame Writing