About Mountain View Elementary School
Our MissionThe mission of Mountain View Elementary School, in cooperation with the community, is to provide a safe, positive environment where children build skills, knowledge, and character needed for lifelong learning.
We BelieveThe school's foremost responsibility is the adaptation to the academic needs of the children. The intellectual, personal, social, physical, and moral development of each child is the main concern of our school. The child benefits when the parents and teachers work together. Children learn best in an environment that fosters positive self-esteem. Children need exposure to a variety of teaching methods and strategies. Each child benefits from punctual and regular attendance. Children deserve to be treated with respect. These are statements of the purpose and fundamental truths which form the foundation of Mountain View Elementary School's education system.
Our Shared Vision
Goal 1: Improve learning for all students
- We believe that our curriculum and instruction should focus on the students. We establish high expectations, challenge students to move forward, and individualize instruction to meet student needs.
- We believe that we must provide opportunities for students to develop their artistic talents and intellectual creativity through the arts.
Goal 2: Continually assess learning for all students
We believe that student learning will improve when we use multiple assessment measures to plan instruction.
- We believe that our assessments need to be aligned with state and district learner standards.
- We believe that we must continually evaluate the effectiveness of our programs in order to meet the needs of all students.
Goal 3: Provide a safe and positive environment
We believe that we must provide a safe and positive environment with a caring faculty and staff.
- We believe that all members of our learning community must exemplify positive character traits.
- We believe in the continuing implementation of our character education program.