Kindergarten and First Grade Registration December 3-6, 2019
Children who will be five years old on or before September 1 of the current year must enroll in public or private kindergarten unless the parent or legal guardian signs a waiver (see Kindergarten Non-Attendance Form at the link below). Any child who will be six years old on or before September 1 of the current year must enroll in first grade.
To enroll a new student in kindergarten or first grade, a parent must present the following at registration:
- Photo ID from any state or country
- Two current “proof of residency” documents (all must contain property address) These can be a combination of:Current bills – i.e. electric, gas, water, cable
- Current mortgage statement or current signed lease agreement with landlord’s name and phone number
- Birth Certificate
- Signed Certificate of Immunization, Conditional Certificate of Immunization, or Religious Exemption Certificate (Religious Exemption Certificate provided by Health Department)
The GCS Student Enrollment Form and Home Language Survey are provided at the link below if you would like to complete and bring with you to the school when you go to register.
To find out where your child will attend kindergarten or first grade, call the INFOLine at 355-3100 or visit Find Your School.
Kindergarten and First Grade registration forms.
Upcoming Title I Events
Monaview will hold the following Title I events:
- Nov. 7: Parent and Family Engagement workshop on Reading. This training will occur at CCI church. The church will bring 2 vans that can hold 29 riders. If you wish to ride the van, please complete the waiver that was attached to the flyer. The vans will depart Monaview promptly at 9:30 a.m. The training will begin at CCI at 10:00 a.m. CCI is located at 1709 Old Easley Bridge Rd, Greenville, SC 29611 if you wish to meet us at the location. Childcare will be provided by the church.
- Nov. 18: Third Title I/School Improvement Council planning meeting at 10:30 a.m. in Monaview’s Innovation Lab.
We hope to see you there!
What is Parent Backpack?
Parent Backpack is an online application that replaces the PowerSchool Parent Portal. With Parent Backpack, you are able to view your child's grades, school attendance, and any discipline incidents when you are logged into the system. Best of all, Parent Backpack works on any device and is mobile friendly.
To access Parent Backpack, go to https://parents.gcsbackpack.com and create an account. Please access directions by clicking on Creating a Parent Backpack Account - English Directions or Direcciones en Español.
To view a video on how to create your Parent Backpack, click on the blue Backpack icon.
Student Council Coin Contest
Remember to bring in your change for the Stuent Council Coin Contest! Who will win - Clemson or USC?