Announcements2018 Parent Literacy Night!
Calling all League Academy Parents!
The League Academy Literacy Team will host its first every Literacy Night for Parents! Please click the link below for more information!
8th Grade Parents!! Yearbook Ads!
Calling all proud parents of 8th graders!
Would you like to honor your graduating 8th grader with a special shout-out and personalized photo in this year's yearbook?
Parent Partnership Survey
Parents and Community Members! We need your help! Please take a moment to fill out the following survey for help with possible partnerships that can better our school! All of your information will be private and goes to Mrs. Anderson.
League Academy Student Dress Code
League Academy Dress Code Policy 2018-2019
In accordance with Greenville County School District’s Policy JCDAF,
Greenville County School District students are expected to dress and be groomed in such a way as to not distract or cause disruption in the educational program or orderly operation of the school. Personal appearance of students should promote health and safety, contribute to a climate conducive to teaching and learning, and project a positive image of the District to the community. Students should dress for the educational setting and not the recreational one. The principal may create further guidelines regarding student dress, which are consistent with this policy. Clothing and/or accessories that advertise drugs, alcohol, weapons, anything suggestively profane, obscene, racial, and illegal or gang/neighborhood related—may not be worn or brought to school. Items that violate the dress code policy may be confiscated.
In order to promote safety and an educational environment students at League Academy:
- Must wear the school ID at all times on campus.
- The length of shorts, skirts, dresses must meet the length of a student’s ID above the knee. This applies to when a student is wearing leggings and/or tights.
- May not wear head coverings including: bandanas, hats, caps, toboggans, earmuffs. Hoods on coats, shirts, or sweat shirts may not be worn over the head while in the building.
- Sunglasses covering the eyes may not be worn in the building or classroom.
- No tube tops, halter tops, or spaghetti strap tops may be worn. Sleeveless jerseys should be worn with a t-shirt underneath.
- Undergarments should not be visible at any time.
- Blankets are not to be used to stay warm while in the building. They are to be left home.
The administration will make the final judgment on the appropriateness of clothing and/or appearance and reserves the right to prohibit students from wearing any articles of clothing or items which lead to or may foreseeably result in the disruption of or interference with the school environment.
Consequences for Dress Code Violation:
Send student to Mrs. Fowler to pick up a change of clothing and/or to call a parent.
- Student will receive a warning from a teacher or administrator. [First Violation]
- A parent or guardian will be contacted. [Second Violation]
- Student will receive a referral for dress code violation and refusal to obey. A parent or guardian will be contacted and student may be suspended.
Any consequences for violations beyond the third will be determined by the administration based on the student’s overall compliance with the student conduct code.