Educating Winners Everyday
At Ellen Woodside Elementary, we strive to create a community that fosters a positive, student-centered environment.
- Create successful students who enjoy learning
- Build strong relationships with students and families
- Produce well-rounded, 21st Century Citizens
Our Values and Beliefs
- All students can learn and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning styles.
- Students have unique talents and abilities and become more productive in an environment where high expectations and standards are modeled.
- Excellence in education requires a partnership and collaboration among the schools, homes, businesses, and community.
- Students learn more effectively in an environment that is safe, healthy, nurturing , and respectful.
- Students must learn to communicate effectively, solve problems, think critically and creatively, and act responsibly to make positive contributions to society.
- Student learning is enhanced when curriculum, instruction, and assessment are continually enhanced and evaluated.
- An effective school culture allows shared decision-making among staff, appropriates necessary resources and funds, and provides the training and support that ensures quality teaching and learning.
- Students should be provided with a curriculum that is founded on basic skills, is relevant and incorporates real life experiences, and is enriched with higher order thinking and problem solving.
Report to the Community