VALUES AND BELIEFS
Values and beliefs are the core of who we are, what we do, and how we think and feel. Values and beliefs reflect what is important to us; they describe what we think about work and how we think a school should operate. Staff members were asked to brainstorm independently before we produced our core beliefs about instruction, curriculum and assessment, and how these positively impact our students’ learning.
- Curriculum, instruction, and assessment must be aligned to meet the needs of all students and be aligned with state and national standards.
- Teachers must have high expectations of all students – all staff personnel must have high expectations of academic performance and social behavior (each student must be able to reach his/her full potential).
- Assessment needs to be efficient, regular, manageable, and used as a tool to determine where students are in order to adjust instructional practices.
- Students should feel safe, emotionally and physically, both inside and outside of the classroom. Students and teachers should respect and positively interact with each other.
- Curriculum and instruction must be standards-driven, uniform within each grade level, and articulated across grade levels.
- Grade-level meetings need to be focused on curriculum, instruction, and assessment, and reflective of teachers’ needs, in order to build teacher capacity and increase student success.
The purpose of Berea Middle School is to produce responsible citizens by meeting the needs of middle school students through quality education in a safe environment.
The vision of Berea Middle School is to produce responsible citizens by meeting the needs of middle school students through quality education in a safe environment.
The mission of Berea Middle Schoolis to provide students with
Success for Today – Preparation for Tomorrow – and Learning for a Lifetime.
HEALTH RELATED FORMS
For information related to the district's new epipen policy and other health room related forms click here.