- Grilled Cheese and Fries or Mac & Cheese
- Hot Dog and Fries or Mac & Cheese
- Corn Dog and Fries or Mac & Cheese
- Ham and Cheese and Fries or Mac & Cheese
- Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Fox News
Here are a few simple ways for you to help:
1. Create your free Parent/Guardian account on ReadWorks.org
ReadWorks is a nonprofit that provides educators with thousands of free, high-quality
nonfiction and fiction articles with questions and activities. ReadWorks is inviting you - all
parents & guardians - to create your own free account to help your child stay on track this
summer, and all year round!
1. Go to www.readworks.org
2. Click on “I’m an Educator” (parents are educators too!)
3. Click on the blue “Sign Up”
4. Make sure to choose “Parent/Guardian” as your role
2. Print Free Summer Reading Packets Now - www.readworks.org/summer-reading
To make summer reading easy, ReadWorks has curated interesting and knowledge filled
summer reading packets on a range of levels that you can print and download for free!
Keep these tips in mind when using ReadWorks this summer:
TIP 1: Summer reading should be accessible and enjoyable, so be sure to choose
articles that are at your child’s reading level. Don’t be afraid to start with articles
from lower grade levels. The important thing is that students, read, read, read!
TIP 2: Aside from giving your child access to these high-quality texts, helping them
keep track of their summer reading and discussing what they’ve been read with
family members can also go a long way!
I hope you and your family have a great summer!