A great big congratualtions goes to our AA for completing her Doctorate of Education. We are so proud of you. Welcome back Dr. Kara Mann!
Free Laundry Service
No income requirements. Help is given on first come, first serve basis.
You bring your clothes; we feed the machine and provide the soap and dryer sheets.
PLEASE: NO PRE-LOADING MACHINES. Simply line up and take a number.
LAST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH. 6:30 - 8:30 PM
Line-up begins at 6:15.
339 S. Pleasantburg Dr.
Greenville, SC 29605
At-Risk 4K Pre-Registration for 2017-18 is January 25-March 10, 2017; forms will not be accepted after this date.
Parents may pre-register at any district elementary school or child development center. Children do not have to live in the school attendance area to pre-register at that location. Pre-registration does not guarantee enrollment in a GCS At-Risk 4K program. Children selected for 4K programs must demonstrate academic/developmental needs and/or risk factors such as low family income and low parent education level. Parents must present their child’s birth certificate, immunization certificate or religious exemption certificate, and two proofs of residence (same as 5K).
A Chance to Upgrade the Playground
Our new school nurse (Jane Danielson, RN) needs your help. She has entered us in a chance to win money to upgrade our playground. The more times we enter the more possibility of winning. Would you each enter everyday until March 24th the information for Alexander? You will just need to enter your email daily. It would be great to win so spread the word to your because anyone can enter, everyday until March 24th. Here is the link:
Go to Spread Word and hit Enter Now! Please do this everyday until March 24th.
In efforts to promote bus safety, please review bus rules with your students.
All students are expected to:
- Remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Talk quietly; yelling is not permitted.
- Sit with arms, feet, and personal belongings in the appropriate place (avoiding the aisle, as this could cause a trip/fall hazard).
- Refrain from eating and drinking on the bus.
- Follow the directions of the bus driver (Being Respectful and Responsible)
Please encourage your student(s) to follow these simple rules. To ensure the safety of your student(s) as well as others, if it is deemed necessary for the bus driver to write a disciplinary referral for bus infractions, the following consequences will occur:
- First Incident: Call to parent and warning.
- Second Incident: Parent conference with (5) days loss of bus privileges.
- Third Incident: Parent conference with (10) days loss of bus privileges.
- Fourth Incident: Loss of bus privileges for the remainder of the school year.
** To note, serious infractions may require additional actions. Thank you for your assistance in making the bus ride safe.