The mission of Lakeview Middle School is to prepare our diverse student body to become independent, lifelong learners and responsible, productive citizens, by providing quality educational experiences in a safe, nurturing environment so they may succeed in an ever-changing technological society.
- All students can learn.
- Students are the center of the educational process.
- Students learn best in a safe, orderly and inviting environment.
- Students should have competent administration, parents and support personnel.
- Parents’ involvement and volunteer services support and enhance the teaching and learning process.
- Students should have equal access to educational opportunities.
- Students have the responsibility to be active learners.
- Curriculum and instruction should meet the needs of all students.
- Educational experiences should enable students to communicate effectively, solve problems competently, think critically and creatively, and act responsibly.
- Education is the shared responsibility of the home, school and community.
The vision of Lakeview Middle School is to ensure every student leaves eighth grade with the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful, without remediation, in a rigorous high school curriculum, and have an awareness of possible future education and career opportunities.