BECK ACADEMY UNIFORM DRESS CODE
Students are required to dress according to the guidelines below. Students must be in dress code when they arrive on campus and remain until they exit campus. Teachers and staff are expected to enforce these guidelines at all times. Student’s dress code for attending a school function in the evening must meet Greenville County School (GCS) Dress Code or according to guidelines set for the particular event.
SHIRTS: Shirts must be blue, pink, white, black, grey or khaki.
- Must have a collar
- Must be a solid color
- Must have sleeves
- May not have stripes
- Shirts must remain tucked in at all times while on campus or fieldtrips. Girls must have all of their mid-section covered by their shirts when they raise their hands above their heads and no low cut shirts allowed. Girls may not tie up their shirts in the front or back. Girls that wear shirts longer than finger-tip length must also tuck shirt in.
- No tank tops or spaghetti-strap shirts may be worn over dress code shirts. Top shirt must have a collar and sleeves. Dress code shirt must be worn under sweater, sweatshirt, pull-over or light jacket. Undershirts must match dress code shirt.
- Must be NAVY BLUE, BLACK or KHAKI. NO WHITE bottoms allowed for Beck uniforms
- Jeans and leggings are NOT permitted
- Pants must have a seam and pockets
- Overalls, sweatpants (sweatshirt material), or other athletic pants /shorts may NOT be worn.
- Pants, shorts and skirts must be worn with the waistline above the hips at all times.
- Pants cannot be tucked in socks or drag on the floor.
- Skirts, dresses and shorts must be fingertip length
- No “fishnet” type stockings
Outerwear: Must be blue, black, pink, white, grey or khaki.
- Hooded garments are never permitted inside the building and must be placed in the locker.
- Heavy coats may NOT be worn in the classrooms and must be put in the locker immediately.
- Sweaters, sweatshirts, vests, lightweight jackets and fleece may be worn in the classroom permitting they are solid dress code colors (blue, pink, black, white, grey and khaki). These items may not hang below finger tips or have a hood or logo other than pocket logos.
- No Denim outerwear is allowed.
- Students MUST have a collared shirt underneath lightweight outerwear
- No logos (other than on the shirt pocket area), writing, or pictures are permitted on garments. (large American Flags, Klaver, names of schools. do not meet dress code.)
- Mismatched or two pairs of socks/ shoes of different colors are not allowed.
Shoes, Hats, Piercing and Accessories:
- Proper shoes for school are required. No bedroom shoes or mesh type slippers may be worn on campus. Students may wear flip flops and sandals as long as the prongs of the shoes do not go through the bottom of the shoe. Slides are permitted unless it posed a safety hazard to the student. Tennis shoes must be worn for PE. High heels that may cause a safety hazard will not be permitted.
- No hats, bandanas, hair scarves, bonnets, skullies, “do-rags”, sweatbands or sunglasses may be worn or be visible while on campus or on school bus. Extraneous articles such as chains may not hang from clothing.
- Mouth “grillz” are not permitted.
- Gang symbols may not be shaved in the hair/head.
- Scarves may be worn to school but must be put in the locker upon arrival.
Students will be given an opportunity to call for a change of clothes but if clothing does not arrive by the end of first period students will be sent to ISS. If the clothing may cause a disruption in the academic day, the student will be placed in ISS. Students that break dress code repeatedly will receive a referral for refusal to obey and be suspended from school. In addition, according to District Policy JCDAE wearing, possessing, using, distributing, displaying or selling any clothing, jewelry, emblem, badge, symbol, sign, manner of grooming or other item that evidences or reflects membership or affiliation with any gang is prohibited.
MARVELOUS MONDAY DRESS CODE
Students who have not received referrals during specified times will earn the right to wear Greenville County Dress Code on Marvelous Mondays. Marvelous Mondays are scheduled for the following dates: 9/17, 10/1, 10/15, 10/29, 11/12, 11/26, 12/10, 1/14, 1/28, 2/4, 2/25, 3/11, 4/1, 4/29, 5/13
- Leggings can only be worn with shirts that are fingertip length
- Hooded Garments are not allowed
- Jeans may not have holes that show skin above the knee
- Tank shirts and spaghetti straps are not allowed
- Undergarments may not be visible
Dress Code for Athletes
Athletes that play for Beck Academy must wear dress code unless otherwise specified by their coach. At the beginning of each season, the coach will inform the team of the game-day dress allowed for their team after getting approval through administration. Athletes that play for JL Mann and other high schools may wear a team shirt on home games only. Students will need to get their item approved through Beck administration once their coach has given them their instructions.