Greenville County Schools:
- All students can learn.
- Students are the center of the educational process.
- Students learn best in a safe, inviting environment where they are engaged in learning.
- Students have the responsibility to be active learners.
- Students must have highly competent and caring teachers, principals, and support personnel.
- Students should have equitable access to educational opportunities.
- Educational experiences empower students to communicate and collaborate effectively, solve problems competently, think critically and creatively, and act responsibly.
- Effective learning environments nurture the total well‐being, independence, creativity, interests, and talents of students, preparing them for post‐high school success.
- Our educational organization prepares students to value learning and to contribute to society.
- Our educational organization prepares students to be financially responsible and economically viable citizens.
- Curriculum and instruction should meet the needs of all students.
- Parent involvement and volunteer services support/enhance the teaching/learning process.
- Education is the shared responsibility of home, school, business and community.
- A comprehensive, fully funded public education is a right.
We also believe...
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
Greenville County Schools Mission: We collaborate with the home and community to provide educational experiences which prepare students for life‐long learning and for ethical, productive participation in a democratic society and the global community.
Greenville County Schools Vision: To be an exemplary, continuously improving educational organization in which all students achieve their maximum potential through a rigorous, engaging curriculum and support systems that cultivate and promote their well‐being.
The mission of Beck Academy is to meet the academic needs of our culturally diverse student body in a safe environment that nurtures, accepts and encourages all students to be productive citizens of the global community, life-long learners and future leaders.