2015 Summer Information
MHS Orientation 2015
Orientation for the upcoming school year is scheduled for August 13th and 14th. These two important days have been divided by grade level and last name. Click here to determine which day and time you should report. A few reminders are outlined below. We look forward to welcoming all of you as we begin an exciting new school year!
- Schedule - Due to space constraints, students should attend orientation on their designated day and time. Assigned orientation slots are windows of time during which students may report. Please limit guest(s) to parents/guardians.
- Attendance - While students should make every effort to attend orientation, we recognize that some students may have special circumstances. Students who are absent will obtain their schedule on the first day of school in homeroom. Posters will be displayed throughout the building to help students determine their homeroom location. All other orientation tasks may be completed during the first weeks of school.
- Underclassmen Photos - Underclassmen Yearbook pictures will be taken for all students in grades 9 - 11. Students should plan accordingly. Please be aware that MHS dress code applies! There will be a make-up day on September 15th for those students unable to attend orientation.
- Payments - Students will have the opportunity to submit multiple payments. Both cash and personal checks are accepted. Students should remember to keep all of their orientation receipts. If paying with a personal check, please note that each item must be paid separately due to book-keeping policies. This will require writing multiple checks. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For your reference:
- Yearbooks - Seniors pay $70 & Underclassmen pay $65 (prices increase after October 15th)
- Class Dues - Freshman & Sophomores pay $5; Juniors and Seniors pay $10 (Payments are adjusted for students with free/reduced lunch)
- PE Uniforms - $20
- Parking Permits - $40
- Parking Permits - Parking permits will be available to Juniors and Seniors. Permits will also be sold on Wednesday, August 12th (Seniors 10:00 - Noon & Juniors 1:00 - 3:00). Qualifying Sophomores will be able to purchase a permit beginning September 14th. Please note that parking spaces are distributed using a lottery system. Parking Requirements: You MUST have completed the Alive @ 25 course and the certificate must be on file in order to apply for a permit. (www.scaliveat25.com) All fines and class dues must be paid prior to applying. Please have your driverâ€™s license and copy of current insurance attached to the parking application as well as the $40 parking fee. Parking permit forms are available here.
Parent Portal Offline for the Summer
The Parent Portal will be taken offline on June 21 for summer maintenance. The portal will be back up near the beginning of the 2015-2016 school year.
AP Summer Reading
See below for information regarding AP English Summer Reading. Students may check out the books for the entire summer! The Media Center will be open on Tuesdays 9-1 for check-outs (except for Tuesday, July 7th when we'll be open on Monday, July 6.)
AP Literature Reading List
AP Language Reading List
Mavs Read Across America this summer!
Students succeed when they read! We encourage all Mauldin High students to participate in this optional but highly recommended summer reading program. The Read Across America summer reading program identifies 50 high interest young adult book titles with settings occurring in each of our 50 states. Students may choose to read these books or select their own!
Choose a minimum of two summer reading titles and identify the story's setting. Turn in your Read Across America Reading Log the first week back to school in order to attend the Summer Reading Sundae Party. Students may also qualify for extra credit in their English Class! Take the time to travel this summer by Reading Across America!
Track and Field Conditioning
Students interested in competing on Mauldin High School's Track & Field team must plan to attend conditioning, have completed a SCHSL Physical and have purchased insurance in the amount of $55.00. Insurance fees may be paid to your coach or online. Insurance must be purchased before you may attend practice. If you have played a fall or winter sport, you are already covered.
Conditioning for the 2015 season has begun. Our practice days will be on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays from 4:00-5:00 PM. We will meet in Coach Howell's Industrial Technology Lab (F101). Please bring warm clothing and be ready to work out.
We will have a new coaching staff this season and they include:
Coach Holmes- Head Boys Coach- email@example.com
Coach McGreer- Head Girls Coach- firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Howell- Middle and distance Coach- email@example.com
Coach Simmons- firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have pictures from games, pep rallies, or other MHS events that show off the talents or individual achievements of MHS students?
If so, click the link below to submit pictures to the yearbook staff. Be sure to use the following access code: 9068873
**Please remember that submitted photos are not guaranteed to be in the yearbook.