Upcoming Job Fairs
The Greenville County Schools Department of Human Resources, in connection with Lifelong Learning, will be hosting the following job fairs:
- Friday, April 25 from 8:00 -12:00
- Friday, May 16 from 8:00-12:00
- Wednesday, June 4 from 3:00 -7:00 (an afternoon/evening job fair was added to allow applicants that may be currently working an opportunity to attend a job fair)
- Thursday, June 19 from 8:00-12:00
- Thursday, July 17 from 8:00-12:00
- Friday, August 15 from 8:00-12:00
Lifelong Learning (Sullivan Center) is located at 206 Wilkins Street, Greenville. Walk-ins are welcome.
The following is the itinerary of scheduled activities for this event:
- Applicants can learn more about job openings in Transportation, FANS, and Building Services from the Human Resources staff.
- The applicant will then be able to talk to key staff representatives from each department about the specifics of the job and to have their questions answered. This gives key staff a chance to talk informally with applicants to see if they may be suitable to interview for open positions.
- Applicants will then move to a computer lab where they can apply on-line. Human Resources and Lifelong Learning staff will be available to assist applicants with the on-line application if needed.
- At 11:30 the Lifelong Learning staff will administer the WorkKeys test for those applicants that believe they are ready to take the test (space will be limited). If applicants do not think they are ready to take the test, staff will schedule them for refresher classes and the test at a later date – possibly the next week. (As you are aware this is not a requirement for Bus Driver and Bus Aide positions.)
- For those that pass WorkKeys the Human Resources staff will be able to submit the request for the background check.
- Applicants that pass the background check and WorkKeys will be able to interview with key staff the following week.
Welcome to Lifelong Learning
Education and Training for Adults
The main campus of Lifelong Learning is located at our Sullivan Center campus, 206 Wilkins Street, Greenville, SC 29605.
The registration fee of $30.00 cash is due at the time of registration.
LIFELONG LEARNING PROGRAM INFORMATION
Pre-registration is required.
Pre-registration is required. Classes are offered at the Taylors and Mauldin Road Library Branches
Graduation May 28th
May 28th Graduation at Wade Hampton High School Auditorium at 6:00pm. Doors close at 5:50. No late admissions. Tickets for graduation are distributed to graduate candidates at rehearsal. Each graduate is guaranteed four tickets. Ticket required for admission to the auditorium. Children must be 6 years of age for admission to the auditorium. Space for younger children is available in the cafeteria, but guests must provide your own childcare.
May 27th Graduation Rehearsal at Wade Hampton High School Auditorium at 6:00PM
Lifelong Learning had 306 graduates for the 2012 - 2013 School Year.
Lifelong Learning's Sullivan Center is an official GED® Testing Center for the Upstate. The Greenville GED Testing Center is located at the main campus at 206 Wilkins Street.
Lifelong Learning's Sullivan Center offers WorkKeys Upgrade Classes and the WorkKeys tests for the Upstate. WorkKeys® is an employment skills assessment system.
Employers use WorkKeys® to measure workplace skills of employees and job applicants. You can earn the WorkReady SC Career Readiness Certificate(CRC) by taking the three assessments and scoring at least a "3" on each. Click here for more information