Procedure for Absences
Please remember that upon returning to school after an absence, the student must bring a note to the front office upon arrival to school. The note should contain the following:
Student’s full name
Date(s) of absence
Reason for absence
Parent or guardian’s signature
For your convenience, CLICK HERE to submit an online parent excuse note.
Reminders about attendance:
- The building opens for students at 7:15am
- School starts promptly at 8:00am. If your child is tardy, you will need to park and come sign your child in in the front office.
- No early dismissals after 2:00 pm
- School is dismissed at 2:30pm
- Students should be picked up from school no later than 3:00pm
- A parent must send a note for ANY absence or it will remain unexcused.
- Students are allowed to miss 10 non-medical school days each year. All absences after the 10th non-medical absence must be for medical reasons and accompanied by a note from a doctor.
- A student must attend at least 3 hours or 180 minutes to be counted present for the day.
Did you know that . . .?
Regular school attendance and academic success are connected.
Regular attendance and arriving to school on time are very important to a student’s success in school.
Excessive absenteeism hurts the student.
Students with repeated absences not only often fall behind academically, but these students also miss out on important socialization skills and concepts that enhance their ability to understand and follow directions.
One missed day of school is equivalent to as many as three days of catch up.
Students are given an allowance of days for make-up work; however, within in this framework of time, a child may struggle to learn all the missed material and information.