An art student works on her sketch of the Furman University Tower during a field trip to the Furman campus. Students also visited the Art Department and heard about careers in the arts. Art Teacher: Eric Benjamin
Eric Benjamin, Art
Practice makes perfect! Strings Teacher: Jean Clarke View a quicktime movie of a strings (Suzuki) class.
Jean Clarke, Strings Teacher and Program Coordinator
- BA (magna cum laude) from Duke University
- MS from University of Illinois
- Orchestra Director since 1972 in Charleston, Greenville, and Spartanburg counties
- Past President of Orchestra Division of SCMEA
- Nominated for Disney's American Teacher Award
- Violist with the Greenville Symphony Orchestra since 1974
- Currently serves on the Greenville Symphony Association Board since 1997
- Who's Who Among American Women, 2002
- Who's Who in America, 2004
- Website | Trading Card | Blog
- School Phone: 355-8444
Fourth grade classes play dulcimers during a Music Artist-in-Residency. Music Teacher: Jeanie Reed
Jeanie Reed, Music
- 2006-2007 Stone Teacher of the Year, 2007-2008 Greenville County Teacher of the Year, AND one of five finalists for STATE TEACHER OF THE YEAR!
- Bachelor of Music and Master of Arts degrees from Furman University
- National Board Certified Teacher
- Conductor of Chicora Voices (Community Choir for singers ages 7-18)
- Has taught music since 1981
- Plays flute, piano, guitar, organ, and recorders
- Has two children who attend Eastside High School
- Website | Trading Card | Stone Singers (Chorus)
- School Phone: 355-8445
Jill Rohrer, Physical Education
- BAchelor of Science degree from Florida State University
- Master of Education from National-Louis University
- Taught Physical Education for thirteen years at Saint Stephen's Episcopal School in Bradenton, Florida
- Married to husband, Larry. Has two children, Landon and Aidan.
- Proud owners of an adorable Chihuahua named Nugget.
- Her family relocated to Greenville in July of 2006. They love the area and the people.
- Hobbies include scrapbooking, cooking, gardening, camping, and reading.
- Website | Trading Card
- School Phone: 355-8443
The Paul Taylor Dance Company held master classes for fourth grade while in town for a Peace Center performance. Dance Ensamble Performance. Dance Teacher: Cynthia Waddell
Cynthia Waddell, Dance
- B.A. from Columbia College
- MEd from Converse College
- South Carolina Dance Educator of the Year, 1996
- Danced professionally for ten years
- Has one teenage son, one cat and two dogs
- Loves to read, watch movies, and cheer for the Carolina Gamecocks!
- Chocolate is her favorite food!
- Website | Trading Card | Dance Ensemble
- School Phone: 355-8447
"The Granny Awards" was a big hit as Stone's '98 Spring Musical. Drama Teacher: Nicole Ackerman
Nicole Ackerman, Drama