2013-14 Band Award Winners
- All County
- Dana Crytser
- Anne Crowley
- Hannah Kim
- Becca Yaggie
- Andra Cummings
- Quinn Divers
- Andrew Kim
- Mitchell Beard
- Marshall Murdaugh
- Dana Crytser- 3rd Chair Flute
- Hannah Kim- 3rd Chair Alternate Flute
- Mitchell Beard- 4th Chair Alternate Trombone
- Dana Crytser- 5th Chair Alternate Flute
Region Band 2014:
All-State Band 2014:
Greenville County Youth Orchestra Honors Beginner Orchestra WinnersCongratulations to the following students who will be performing at the Peace Center on April 29, 2014:
- Grace Lackey- Violin 1
- Kacky Haswell- Viola
- Lily Taylor-Viola
- Sophie Wall-Cello
Sterling National History Day Winners - School Level
- Junior, Individual Documentary
- Shona Fitzer; Surrealism
- Taylor Lomax; Mickey Mouse
- Junior, Group Documentary
- Josh Romoser, Marshall Murdaugh; Battle of Gettysburg
- Junior, Group Performance
- Claire Nilsson, Julia McElhinny, Alison Wuerfel, Sammy Mosher, Avery Madden; Boston Tea Party
- Junior, Historical Paper
- Alyssa Mazzoli; Edgar Allen Poe
- Abby Hickey; Formation of the Church of England
- Aaron Wells; Jackie Robinson
- Joseph Boen; The Russo-Japanese War
- Junior, Individual Website
- Avery Garner; Harnessing of Nuclear Power
- Kristen Abernathy; Mickey Mouse
- Junior, Group Website
- Akim Koutsioukis, Cameron Murr; Qing Dynasty
- Becca Yaggie, Anna Bennett; Yellow Fever
- Quinn Divers, Karina Desai; The Jungle
- Kaitlin Sebring, Anne Crowley; Walt Disney
- Junior, Individual Exhibit
- Isabel Spinelli; Rediscovery of Pompeii
- Ronak Malde; Fast Food Franchises
- Junior, Group Exhibit
- Clovely Shepard, Samantha Decker; Rockets
- Vignesh Rajmohan, Paul Windsor; The Sky's the Limit
- Mckinley Riddle, Grace Mills; Triangle Shirt Waste Factory Fire
- Dana Crytser, Erin Phillips; The Titanic
Clarity Spelling Bee Winner
CTC 4th grader, Ethan M.
GCS Juried Art Show Winners - Elementary
Congratulations to Rachel, Davis and Cannon! These students had artwork chosen for the Greenville County School District's Elementary Juried Art Show. Their work will be on display at the District Office. The opening reception will be on January 15th, from 6-8 pm, with awards announced at 7:00 pm. We are so proud of these students!01-16-13
National Career Development Poster and Poetry Contest Winners
Sterling had two first place winners in the district level National Career Development Poster and Poetry Contest!
Congratulations to Flora for 1st place in the poster contest, and congrats to Tatum for 1st place in the poetry contest! They will now be sent to the state level competition.
|Kim Black||Deborah Foulkes|
|Marty Bohnenberger||Jessica Goll|
|Amy Brown||Connie Gordon|
|Maria Cohen||Alice Ann Holman|
|Anna Dean||Jennifer Johnston|
|Pam Dechau||Stacey Merritt|
|Fran Emmel||Linda Reynolds|
|Casey Noble||Cara Nyvall|
Past Sterling ToYs (Teacher of the Year)
- 2015-16: Amy Brown - Third Grade
- 2014-15: John Burdick - Middle School Science
- 2013-14: Jennifer McKinney - Fourth Grade (SS)
- 2012-13: Sara Newell - Fifth Grade (CTC)
- 2011-12: Linda Reynolds - Middle School English
- 2010-11: Jennifer Johnston - Middle School English
- 2009-10: Emily Johnson - Kindergarten
- 2008-09: Kelli (Leachman) Stenger - Physical Education
- 2007-08: Cliff Hinson/Anna Dean - Media Specialist/Art
- 2006-07: Angela Henderson - Fifth Grade
- 2005-06: Kristie Brown - Third Grade
- 2004-05: Keisha Brown - Third Grade
- 2003-04: Mary Berry/First Year of GCGC
Sterling Receives Palmetto Gold and Silver Awards
Sterling School received a Palmetto Gold Award for overall performance and for the first time received the Silver Award for Closing the Achievement Gap!
Sterling Debate Team Wins
Congratulations to the Sterling Debate Team for winning the percentage award, an award for the highest number of winners based on the number of participants present from your school, at last Saturday's Regional Tournament! See their trophy in the front office.
Please congratulate the students who took place in the competition: Ethan M., Kevin T., Allison W., Amber M., Arnav L. and Emma M.
State Jr. Beta Club Convention
Several member of the Sterling School/CTC Jr. Beta Club members participated in the State Jr. Beta Club Convention at the end of January. The convention was held in Myrtle Beach, SC and students competed against students from all over the state in events such as quiz bowl, Tower of Power, spelling bee and a variety of arts and crafts. CTC students came home with several awards including a few invitations to compete in the National Jr. Beta Convention this summer. We are very proud of all of our students who helped to make this convention a success.
Sterling Lego Team Wins!
Congratulations to Sterling's Lego Robotics team on their first place win at the Greenville Regional Lego Robotics Competition!
On November 15, members of the Sterling School Junior Beta Club, along with adult volunteers from Sage Automotive and the Junior League of Greenville, planted 15 trees on Sterling School grounds. The trees, materials, tools, and additional volunteers were supplied by Trees Greenville(www.treesgreenville.org). Five additional trees were planted by third grade students on November 20.
Chess Tourney Winners
Sterling students Jackson & Aditya teamed with students from St. Marys School while participating in the WNC Chess Team Challenge Tournament held in Fletcher, NC on November 17th. Jackson won 3 out of his 4 games and Aditya won 4 out of 4. Their team won the 3rd place trophy in the K-5th section (Kindergarten - 5th).
Seventeen of Ashleigh Sieradzki's band students at Sterling School/Charles Townes Center recently participated in All-County Band: Becca Yaggie, Dana Crytser, Ethan Coppenbarger, Misha Dimmick, Kathryn Simmons, Samantha Hutter, Alyssa Campanelli, Hannah Patterson, Alison Wuerfel, Claire Nilsson, Chloe Mello, Brianna Lewis, Megan Keech, Kathrine All, Mitchell Beard, Michael Johnson, and Cassidy Wilson.
In addition, five of those students also were named to All-Region Band: Alyssa Campanelli, Hannah Patterson, Ethan Coppenbarger, Dana Crytser, and Michael Johnson.