Click here to visit the Sophomore Institute Website.
The initiative is to increase student accountability by:
- developing a collaborative group of teachers who are solely focused on working with sophomore students and working to meet their needs across subject areas.
- providing the students with a set of common expectations and procedures across subject areas.
- planning opportunities for students to be exposed to potential areas of study beyond high school.
The Goals of the Sophomore Institute are:
- To provide a level of rigor for all sophomore students regardless of their course classification
- To create a common set of expectations and practices from classroom to classroom for all sophomore students in their core classes: a set of commonknowledge
- To expose and prepare students for post-high school opportunities (college, career, military)