2018 Summer Exploration Camps
Member registration opens online only on
Monday, February 19th at 7:00am
- There will be no walk-in registrations that day as the Center will be closed for President’s Day. We will have staff available by phone and e-mail until 12 noon to assist you with your online registration.
- Public registration for non-members opens Thursday, February 22nd. Online access will open at 8:00am.
- Online registration is preferred, but onsite registration (walk-in) is available at Symmes Hall of Science from 10:00am – 2:15pm. If paying with cash, please bring exact amount; no change is available. Members only on Tuesday, February 20 and Wednesday, February 21.
- No onsite camp registrations will be processed after 2:15pm.
Can I use my Individual membership for early camp registration and discounts?
You must have a Family or Grandparent Membership to qualify for camp benefits. Individual memberships offer benefits to the individual member only and not family members, and therefore do not apply. Children may not purchase individual memberships, but must be registered as part of a family membership.
When does member registration start?
Member registration opens online only on February 19th at 7:00am. There will be no walk-in registrations that day as the Center will be closed for President’s Day. We will have staff available until 12noon. by phone and e-mail to assist you with your online registration.
What discount do members receive?
Members receive a 10% discount on camps. There are no discounts for lunch bunch or early drop-off.
How will members access the online registration?
Access to member registration has changed! We will no longer send a link to a private registration page. Instead, members must be signed into their accounts in order to access camp registration.
It is very important that members:
1) Have a current membership
2) Be able to sign in to that account on our website.
We strongly encourage you to test your membership log-in before 12noon on Friday, 2/16. We cannot guarantee that any issues not resolved by that time can be addressed in time for you to get the camps you want.
To make sure you can successfully access your member account, click on the link below and follow the instructions: https://54189.blackbaudhosting.com/54189/tickets?tab=2&txobjid=4c0af18a-2803-4419-8dca-a25ee647c115
If you are not signed in to your account or your membership is expired, you will get this error message:
The Sign In option only appears in places where you can put items in your cart. It is in the upper right hand corner of the screen. When you are successfully signed in, you will see your email address and a Log Out option in that corner.
You cannot see our membership expiration date on our website. If you need to know when your membership expires, please contact us at 864.355.8906.
1) Be sure you are signed in to your account. On the upper right hand corner of the screen, you should see your email address. If you don’t see it there, click Sign In and enter your username and password.
2) If your membership is expired. Go to the Membership page, renew your membership and try again. (NOTE: Be sure you are signed in to your current account so that it renews your membership instead of creating a new one.)
If you are signed in and are sure your membership is current, and you are still getting this error message, please contact us as soon as possible.
Audrey Pyle: email@example.com or 864-355-8902
Lisa Phillips: firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-355-8925
PLEASE NOTE: If your membership is current when you test, but expires prior to February 19th, you will not be able to register for camps! Please be sure your membership will be current on February 19th!
Can I still come in and register in person?
The first day of member registration is online only. The Center will be closed that day. We will have staff available by phone and e-mail until 12noon to assist you with online registration questions or issues.
We prefer online registrations but will accept walk-ins at Symmes Hall of Science at the top of the mountain between the hours of 10:00am and 2:15pm. We cannot accept onsite registrations after 2:15pm.
Can I mail in my registration?
If you mail in your registration, you must write a separate check for each camp in which you wish to register. We are unable to process mail-in registrations unless the payment is correct. Separate checks ensure that we can register you for the camps that are available immediately without having to wait for corrected payment. We cannot accept credit card payments on mailed registrations.
Can I call you and pay with my credit card?
No, we cannot accept credit card payments over the phone. For that reason, we do not accept any camp registrations via phone.
When does public registration open?
Public registration will begin on Thursday, February 22nd.
I want to register my child for a camp that is outside his/her completed grade range. How do I do that?
Camp grade levels are determined by more than academic ability and we rarely allow campers to register for camps outside those designed for their current grade level. To request an Age Waiver Form, please contact Lisa Phillips at 864-355-8925 or email@example.com. Students who are registered in camps outside their grade levels without prior permission will be removed and refund policy may apply.
What if I need to change the camp(s) I’ve registered for?
We cannot “transfer” registrations from one camp to another. To change camps, you will need to register and pay for the new camp and then request a cancellation for the original camp.
If you have registered for the wrong session of a camp with multiple sessions, please contact us to have your registration moved to the correct session (pending space availability in your requested session).
What if I need to cancel my camp?
- Cancellation requests must be made in writing using the Cancellation/ Session Change Request form found on our website. Email forms to Lisa Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Verbal/telephone cancellation requests are not accepted.
- Please do not mail cancellation request forms. Refund policy applies to the date the request is received, not the date mailed. We are not responsible for delivery delays.
- Cancellation requests made 21 days or more prior to camp start date will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be made within 21 days of camp start date.
- Camps may not be rescheduled except within different sessions of the same camp. To change camps, you must register and pay in full for the new camp and then request a cancellation for the original camp.
- For camps paid by cash or check, allow 3 to 4 weeks to receive refunds by check. Credit card refunds are processed within 3 to 5 business days of cancellation request.