Mission and Beliefs
Riverside Middle School, in cooperation with the home and community, will provide opportunities which prepare students intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically to become productive and responsible members of society.
- The student is the center of the educational process. Students learn best in a safe environment.
- Educational experiences should reflect and address real life expectations.
- The middle school must provide opportunity for the development of citizenship and interpersonal skills.
- Every Student has the right of equal access to educational opportunities.
- Family, volunteer services, and community involvement are critical to the learning process.
- Every student has the responsibility to be an active learner to achieve his or her academic potential.
- Respect for diversity is a strength that builds bridges between people.
- The middle school must respond to the characteristics of the adolescent.
- Curriculum and instruction should meet students’ needs and provide opportunities for all students to achieve.
- Technology is an integral part of the school’s curriculum.
- The middle school is an integral part of the total educational experience for every student.
- The middle school must provide all students with opportunities to achieve their potential in the related arts.