School Improvement Council
The School Improvement Council (SIC)
- The School Improvement Council (SIC) serves as an advisory committee to a school's principal and faculty.
- Unlike PTA/Os and other voluntary school organizations, councils are mandated by law to exist in every public school in South Carolina.
- SICs play a key role in the education of our state's children, bringing together parents, educators and community stakeholders to work collectively to improve their local schools.
- More than 16,000 people serve on SICs in South Carolina.
- SICs work with the school to develop and implement a five-year school improvement plan (school renewal plan).
- SICs monitor and evaluate success in reaching the plan's goals and objectives.
- SICs write an annual report to parents about the progress of the plan.
- SICs assist the principal in writing the narrative for the School Report Card.
- SICs advise on the use of school incentive awards and provide assistance as requested by the principal.
If you are interested in learning more about our school, we encourage you to join SIC! Interested parents and/or community members are asked to email our school Principal, Amy Kern at firstname.lastname@example.org.